Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: messed up :(

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I just recently purchased the Hercules RMX from amazon and was very excited for it to arrive.

The first things i noticed were lots of pops and clicks and terrible quality. After some research I ended up uninstalling windows 7 and loading a fresh install of vista. The clicks and pops are mostly gone now, but now the beatlock button pops whenever I activate/deactivate it. also when beatlock is activated and i lower the tempo, the sound starts getting distorted and when the kick drums hit they sound odd and choppy. Beatlock seems to be the only thing causing major issues. Any ideas? is there a faulty soundcard in my RMX?

Thanks for any help!

Inviato Fri 19 Feb 10 @ 10:08 pm
Also, I have a 2.4 dual core intel and 3 gigs of ram. mp3s are via external usb drive. latest RMX drivers from the site as well as latest VDJ drivers. if you need any more information let me know. I deactivated my wifi card and now my only issues are with using Beat Lock.

Inviato Fri 19 Feb 10 @ 11:52 pm
In Config:Performances
what are your settings?

Inviato Sat 20 Feb 10 @ 1:24 pm
I have tried ALL settings with no success.

Currently they are:

one notch past fastest

Latency Auto

overclock

latency

enhanced (11 unchecked)

lowpass (11 unchecked)

advanced ( 0, 0)

I disabled wifi and alot of other things in device manager, I get no pops or drops in sound. only shitty quality while using beatlock.

Also in the RMX settings its at 41khz and 10ms latency.

Inviato Sun 21 Feb 10 @ 1:23 pm
Ransomxxx wrote :

Also in the RMX settings its at 41khz and 10ms latency.

is that 41khz an oops?

Inviato Sun 21 Feb 10 @ 2:59 pm
haha wow, yea sorry.

correction: 44100 Hz

Inviato Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 12:51 pm
I dont use the RMX myself, so is their a reason for the 10 ms latency? are you running timecode or something?

Inviato Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 12:59 pm
No time-code. Everyone who offered their stable VDJ settings with the RMX advised to set your latency at 10ms. I don't know much about latency or sound cards though :/

If i have a track playing and I repeatedly press the beat lock on and off there is obvious sounds crackles. Its killing me :( i payed 330 for it and expected something better.

Inviato Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 1:40 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Beside WiFi, there a lot of other things that can be done to optimize your system:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

10 ms is a good average for most computers ( wether your are using timecode or not) , but this is not a set rule. As no computers are the same, you can play with the buffer size until you find the settings that works best for your system.

Inviato Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 2:37 pm
ok. for the beat lock to work fully you need to have the "advanced tempo" engaged

but the "advanced tempo" is pretty finicky.. if the computer & sound card can't handle the latency your telling it to take in, you start to get "pops" and "crackles"

thats why I asked about the latency, if the RMX is using ASIO drivers, then 10ms should be fine?

Inviato Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 2:49 pm
Should I have the advanced tempo at 3:1 or 0:0 or what?

I put it at 3:1 and I don't get the pops while pressing the button now, but it still sounds a bit odd when i turn down the tempo all the way with beat lock engaged.

Inviato Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 3:03 pm
Ransomxxx wrote :
but it still sounds a bit odd when i turn down the tempo all the way with beat lock engaged.

exactly what do you mean when you say "turn down the tempo all the way"?
6%, 10%, 50%, 100% ??

Inviato Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 3:29 pm
Like if If a song is at 128 bpm and I slide it to 114 bpm. The glitches are more noticeable the farther away from the original bpm of the song.

Inviato Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 3:42 pm
on my computer and music I use, I usually try not to go past +/- 6%

I would say about? 10 to 20% of the songs I have can not be brought past 10% or I hear a noticiable digital distortion.

Almost all of my .VOB files seem to handle the beat lock a lot better, probably because the video is being uncompressed by the CPU AND the audio is PCM (which is pretty close to a WAVE file).

I have noticed I can improve response if I re-rip the music to a higher bit rate like 320 kbps..

sometimes its just the song.. I have a couple of songs that I can hear digital distortion on even at 0% change.. I switch off beatlock and it goes away.. (distortion not bad enough for the avg customer can hear, but I notice it)

actually, that was how I chose my settings for VDJ.. I picked one of the songs that seemed to perform the WORST under beatlock and then played around with the settings untill I could get at least +/- 3% change.. after that, my other thousands of songs sounded great!

Of course, what I am talking about is distortion caused by the key changer type effect. (which is how beat lock works)
where as, Pops and clicks and misses are usually caused by a latency problem.

Inviato Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 4:29 pm
How would you describe the "distortion" experienced?

The number one thing that I notice is when a kick drum or snare hits it almost sounds as if it is being hit 2 times fast for every 1 hit. Not sure if that makes sense :/

I really appreciate all your help and the information you shared. Thought I was the only one. I am almost tempted to return the RMX and get a Re loop and external sound card. do you think I would see much difference in sound quality? It would cost so much more. I want to play at parties and for friends and don't want to worry about glitchy sound.

Thanks again. looks like I will be spending the rest of my evening messing with settings :p

Inviato Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 4:38 pm
fixed it! :) couldn't be more happy with the RMX

Inviato Wed 24 Feb 10 @ 8:57 pm
What did you do fix it. Letting people know here could help others in the future...

Roy

Inviato Thu 25 Feb 10 @ 5:32 am
Well I had to set the RMX Latency to 30ms and in VDJ i set it to high quality, and auto for latency. everything else pretty much advanced with master tempo at 0,0.

This gave me the best results with perfect beat lock and almost no crackles at all.

30ms does seem a bit high....but oh well im just happy it works.

Inviato Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 2:48 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)