Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Freeze with 2.1 and bbk

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

yesterday i downloaded som plugins and skins and was testing it.
While playing mp3 i turned on bbk effect randomly on/off
and then draggen a new mp3 and dropped on the same deck.
Vdj got frozen (but no crash) I was waiting about 10 minutes for the USER FRIENDLY CRASHGUARD
but none appeared. Cpu usage was 0% for vdj, memory was still at 150MB, but only page faults (in taskmanager) were increasing slowly for vdj task.

Cannot reproduce for the second time, I scratched heavily - all was fine.

Just one happy thing that pc was not at 100% usage and in case of a gig a can smoothly run winamp without much latency, kill vdj, and then puch in the next song within vdj :-)

Inviato Wed 18 May 05 @ 12:22 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I faced a crash today too, and I'm not going to open another topic about it.

Mine was like this: I loaded a track on one deck, and after it was fully loaded, I've put some vocals on another deck to match bpm's. When they were loaded (the other deck was already playing), I started this track and did a short fast scratch back to the beginning for cueing. The sound started looping, the CPU was 100% jammed, I was trying several methods to disengage the vdj process but the whole system was stuck. I had to reset my PC, and lost some work I was doing on vocals previously.. There was no crashguard at all, just my anger and lots of lost nerves.

And as I believe, this has been addressed so many times that scratching on the beginning makes some great problems for VDJ. Obviously, not corrected in 2.1!

erXon

Inviato Wed 18 May 05 @ 2:14 pm
The scratch in beginning is now fixed. It will come in the release 2.11

Inviato Wed 18 May 05 @ 3:22 pm
And the BBK plugin should NOT be used when scratching...

The developer of this plugin have pointed that out. It will result in white noize or problems

The BBK plugin will be further developed to resolve this issue, by the creator of this plugin

Inviato Wed 18 May 05 @ 3:24 pm
ok i will write more clearly for the next time

When crash occured I did not scratch just switched to another song. (even not scratched before the crash)

I was just scratching when trying to reproduce this error, without success i could scratch like mad no crash happened.

but my point was:

weren't we all told "plugins could not cause VDJ to crash in 2.1" :-) ?

ok ok, i'm not sure if plugin caused this or it was something internal to vdj, or windows ... i described the aftercrash status in first post. Maybe that this helps dev-team ...

Inviato Wed 18 May 05 @ 3:57 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi;

Can you reproduce the crash ? And are you able to reproduce while playing differently ?
Please tell me in order to correct the bugs.

At present BBK (which will become "special loops" soon) has some problem if you do some thers thing while activated (different loops, scratch, many plugins simultaneously).
I'll try to correct but I don't have much free time.

Tell me what's happening during your bad experiences with BBK.

Clax

Inviato Wed 18 May 05 @ 8:20 pm
redownloaded again (to be sure using latest version)

could not cause vdj to crash with bbk, echout and shakerbeat simultaneosly

scrathing,dragging new songs while effect on

;-) maybe cause of OTHER alements than vdj and plugins ;-) when i encountered it ... first and last time

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 5:24 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes maybe.

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 6:09 pm
I got a question when you are apply a plugin like shakerbeat or echoout to a song and it start to mess up like its scratched up and stutter what does that have to do with my settings? i have windows 7 64 bit running on dual core pentruim latency at 64,scratch at quality 11 smooth filter,48-44khz is on basic and tempo is fast tempo what do i need to change? no turntables or controller just mouse and laptop pleas help becuase its seem like it start to run slower then deactivating the plugin the song go fine then

Inviato Sun 07 Feb 10 @ 1:58 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You've got to be kidding me; this post is not far off 5 years old.

Start a new one please :)

Inviato Sun 07 Feb 10 @ 3:58 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)