Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: External Hard drive with Music & Video

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

How to change a drive letter for your external hard drive ( If when a song is on your hard drive, but you have an error message ie, file does not exist

Running Windows Vista - Click Start button & then click Control Panel followed by System & Maintenance
followed by Administrative Tools followed by Computer Management.

If you are prompted for an administrator password, type the password or confirmation.

In the navigation pane, click Disk Management

Right click the partition or drive that you want to change, & then click Change Drive Letter & Paths.

Do one of the following :

(A). To assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned, click Add, Click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

(B). Tochange a drive letter, click Change, click assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, & then click OK.

(C). To remove a drive letter, click Remove, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to remove it.

Inviato Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 9:41 am
the following is not directed at any one person :-)
just general info.

you can also open the .xml file and using Find/Replace change the drive letter in the database.

though technically, the drive letter should not affect VDJ from recongnizing the song..

I use an external hard drive between my rackmount computer and my desktop..
the ext is listed as drive F: on the rackmount, and Drive H: on my desktop.
The songs are "seen" by both computers equally well..

now if I change the filename or path.. poof! that information is gone. :-(
so any moveing of files, HAS to be done by VDJ

Inviato Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 10:28 am
The drive letter doesn't matter to the VirtualDJ database on the external drive.

The only problem you may get is if you have playlists that have songs from the external drive in them. These will not work if the drive letter is incorrect.

Inviato Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 12:43 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)