Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: All Read this concerns you & PPL

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

woodsyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi there,
I know this thread will put the cat amongst the pidgeons, it concernes everyone who intends to use internet streaming in the UK
Our site has had an email from Broadcast Licensing Executive who state.,
If the use of sound recordings in your internet transmissions is not licensed then you will be infringing the copyright in those sound recordings, we may be forced to obtain evidence of any infringements of copyright and, where appropriate, issue proceedings to prevent any further infringements.
We only have a small set up, just 100 listeners @ 128k (there are around 15-30 listeners usually)

Now then, I know these PPL (Phonographic Perfomance Limited) are ruthless as a friend can tell you,
He was playing in a club using CD's when these guys came in. They stopped the music and took EVERY CD copy in his collection.

My own experience has been when I was booked for the G-Bar, the audio engineer would not let me use my computer to play tunes, he said, " We get visits from PPL regularly and they will take it", I thought back then he was bullsh1tting but apparently not. you need to have the purchased vinyl or CD with you when you play to prove ownership.

There is more to be said on this subject and worries for all U.K. DJs using new technology.

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 1:20 pm
here in slovakia is even not legal hen you buy a cd as a normal human and borrow it to your friend.
But you can make any number of backup copies even save it to mp3 but for your purposes as an user.

A dj must play from the original medium.

Jukeboxes are licensedhere per number of songs, you can have mp3s (as almost all new jukeboxes here have, even downloaded from net) but no more than 3 people can dance to jukebox.

Is enough in U.K. to have original medium with you in your bag and play from the notebook ?

How is it in other countries. As far as I know in Canada mp3s ale legal, you just register the songs you have and get some licence to use them. When the "music cops" come in they look into your notebook, look into your licence, compare and see..

Here is even mandatory to pay a fee to SOZA (slovak association for protecting authors) its for the publical performance, because many cd's have stated "NOT FOR PUBLIC PERFORMANCE" this fee entitles you to play those CDS publically.

How is this in other states.... ? Heard anything for the E. Union ?

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 6:44 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 6:52 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
In Slovenia - You can play from copied cds, from self selected and burned cds, you can play with laptop,....
BUT! - you must have original cds with you or just proof that you bought songs (in case you bought from internet - itunes or somewhere else).

I bought a lot of songs over internet and i always bring papers to prove that i bought songs. I never had problems till now.

Dj Nikki

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 6:59 pm
Thanks for reply, i've read some discussions, just curios.

I will study our copyright laws, one thing is what the law permits/ forbids. And the other is what SOZA officialy speaks, they can tell you what they want, if you don't break the law ;-)

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 12:31 pm
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
"you must have original cds with you or just proof that you bought songs (in case you bought from internet - itunes or somewhere else)."

Does anyone know if xerox copies of your original CD's (actual CD) will hold up as proof? If so, I'll probably put together a three ring binder with xerox copies of my CD collection.

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 10:19 pm
hope not, maybe put them in deposit somewhere with stamp from the lawyer that theese 50cds are in my deposit from mr. dj ;-)

you can make many xerox copies to proove original for many copies for many people, that';s reason why i think this they won';t eat you.

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 10:44 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)