Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: FaderFox outside EU?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Someone mentioned the FaderFox midi control surface in a previous post and so like a good little geek, I searched Google, found it, and now want to order it. However, they currently don't ship outside the EU. They did refer me to a 3rd party that does forward faderfoxes outside the EU and I inquired from him of his fees, etc, but haven't heard back yet. Anyone have experience doing this, or anyone selling a FaderFox unit?

Inviato Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 5:20 pm
I'd be more then happy to order you one and send it to you. contact me through Email (paul AT paulgeluid.nl)

Inviato Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 2:02 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Faderfox is cool, beware you must have a midi interface in your pc (no usb connection)

Inviato Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 2:09 pm
@ Apopsis.

Good Point. I have the Hercules and would just connect to the MIDI interface on that. Now you're probably asking why I would want to use the FaderFox with the Hercules and the answer is to be able to use the FaderFax's crossfader for video only and then assign it's other buttons, sliders and joystick to various other functions of VDJ and DMX s/w (eg samples, cue points, DMX fixture assignments, etc.)

@ PaulHeu

Thanks for the offer, I will keep that in mind if I do decide to order the FaderFox.

Inviato Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 10:43 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Interesting thing... With DjConsole? great! ;)

Dj Nikki

Inviato Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 10:55 pm
Better check the midi interface in hercules (try other midi devices) to be sure,itis working well.
I never tried it (sold now), i just dont trust djconsole...
Another option if you need faders: check the Behringer B-control series (bcd2000,bcr2000)
I just ordered a bcf2000 (...motorized ...flying faders) for studio work mostly.

Inviato Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 2:16 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
apopsis, please post a review of the bcf2000 as soon as you have played with it! it's the first time I see a motorized console for this kind of price and I wonder if there are any gotchas..
thx!

Inviato Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 12:04 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Can anyone verify that Faderfox DJ1 MIDI controller works with VirtualDJ?

Inviato Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 11:46 pm
There is no reason it wouldn't work with VDJ, as long as it conforms to MIDI standards as I'm sure it does. I haven't gotten ahold of any of the FaderFox controllers yet, but have used several other MIDI controllers with VDJ and they all work just fine (ie X-session, UC33e, etc.)

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 4:39 pm
How do you get the midi knobs for EQs to work with VDJ?

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 7:03 pm
Here is an email reply I received from Faderfox:

-----
DJ1 is suitable if you can control the virtualDJ over midi.
all functions you want to control must be free assignable to any midi note /
cc numbers
because all commands (numbers) are fixed in the controller.
-----

I know that I can control VDJ over midi but are all functions free assignable?

Inviato Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 8:12 am
That means that DJ1 is not programmable and has fixed midi mapping.
No problem, vdj has a learn function..
Just send a midi command from faderfox and assign function in virtual dj.
Unless you have other midi controllers sending the same messages, then will be a conflict..

Inviato Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 12:26 pm
abnorm: See my blog for a quick tutorial on setting up MIDI shortcuts.

Inviato Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 4:16 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)