Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Setting text strings in variables, using them in textarea

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'd like to use the new VDJ7 feature that allows the use of variables in textarea with backquotes (ie format="Variable: `get var $variable`").
Edit:
I realized that my problem here was that I was missing "var" from the format string.

I'm wondering if it's possible to set text strings other than numbers into variables... ie "set $variable 'Hello world'". I'm guessing that it is not possible given that the documentation doesn't say anything about this.

FYI, I'd like to use such a string to show the description of the currently active pannel in a skin. I'm trying to implement this in the stock VDJ7 4 deck skin as a test at the moment.

Inviato Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 12:38 pm
I've found a workaround to this problem:

If I just assign a number to the variable, then within the backquotes in a format string, I can do a long, convoluted if/else test to output my desired text.

It's convoluted, and not exactly elegant, but gets the job done. Here's a code example:

format="Wavename `var_equal $wavename 1 ? get text 'Test 1' : var_equal $wavename 2 ? get text 'Test 2' : var_equal $wavename 3 ? get text 'Test 3'`"

Inviato Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 1:09 pm
If anyone is interested, I ended up solving my exact problem without using variables at all... I did have to use the same kind of if/else logic, though... but I just could use the value of the pannel to determine whether I should set the text to a certain value.

Here's the code. You can try this yourself by replacing the "wave" pannel selector button in VDJ7 4 deck 1440 with the following:

<button action="skin_pannel '4waves' on ? skin_pannel '2waves' on : skin_pannel '2waves' on ? skin_pannel 'double' on : skin_pannel 'double' on ? skin_pannel 'inverted' on : skin_pannel 'inverted' on ? skin_pannel 'grouped' on : skin_pannel 'grouped' on ? skin_pannel 'groupedparts' on : skin_pannel 'groupedparts' on ? skin_pannel 'topscratch' on : skin_pannel '4waves' on">
<pos x="519" y="6"/>
<size width="46" height="17"/>
<tooltip>Change Waveform</tooltip>
</button>

<textzone>
<size width="100" height="21"/>
<pos x="410" y="6"/>
<text font="arial" size="17" weight="bold" color="#808080" align="right" format="`skin_pannel '2waves' ? get text '2waves' : skin_pannel 'double' ? get text 'double' : skin_pannel 'inverted' ? get text 'inverted' : skin_pannel 'grouped' ? get text 'grouped' : skin_pannel 'groupedparts' ? get text 'groupedparts': skin_pannel 'topscratch' ? get text 'topscratch': skin_pannel '4waves' ? get text '4waves'`"/>
</textzone>

Inviato Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 1:44 pm
Question.

Could you added the textzone as part of the button itself?

<button>
<text...>
</button>

I appreciate in your example you won't but in theory you could??

Inviato Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 2:14 pm
I actually wasn't aware that you could put text in a button like this. Interesting...

I tested it out, and it did not work well for me, however. I had a problem where the button graphic wouldn't refresh properly so that the old text was still visible, and you'd end up with a streak of pixels that prevents the text from being legible.

Is this a bug in VDJ?

Inviato Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 2:19 pm
You need to have an up image in the button and the 'pixels' go.

It looks something like this:

<button action="X">
<size width="71" height="22"/>
<pos x="9" y="170"/>
<up x="589" y="3519"/>
<selected x="10" y="1068"/>
<down x="10" y="1068"/>
<over x="83" y="1068"/>
<text dx="3" dy="6" width="65" font="Calibri" size="13" color="#00FFFF" align="center" format="X" scroll="no"/>
</button>

Inviato Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 2:28 pm
Oh, cool. I rarely use the "up" element, because it's usually redundant.
This works quite well now... I will probably use this example in my next skin :)

Inviato Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 2:31 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)