Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Beat Mixing and CBG for R&B / Hiphop / Any gener

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I was at a club in Columbus Ohio last nite and I saw the DJ use Virtual DJ to do some latin music. I went over to his place the next day and he was showing me his studio and how he works with virtual dj at clubs. Here's what I saw and he taught:

Beat Mixing and CBG aligning Guide
==========================

1. Pick any song you like (doesn't even have to be a beaty song)
2. Right click on the place that shows the tempo on the deck where the song is loaded
3. A new window will pop up, notice the TAP button (don't do anything to the tap button yet, i just wanted you to see it cause you will be using it in step 5)
4. Click Play on the deck that has the song loaded up
5. Immediately move to the tap button with the mouse and start tapping it at every beat until u reach 64 in the little incrementing numbers. NOTE: be firm when tapping on the mouse, don't be slugish
6. Click Ok and close the little window thats open
Your BPM is pretty much well calculated now and the CBG's have been moved according to that BPM.

Now to align the CBG to the down beat follow these steps

1. Right click the stop button to find the 1's beat the software can find (doesn't matter if its not the 1st down beat, we'll move it to be the 1st down beat)
2. Press PLAY now and listen to the beat to find the 1st down beat.
3. Click and hold the scratch pad (the vinyl cd) and rotate it clock wise or counter clock wise till the center line on the wave form lines up with the down beat. (I don't know how I can explain what the center line is. I've give it a shot though, its the long green line in the wave form window that plays exactly whatever passes thru it. HMMM donno if that helped).
4. Check if under that beat is a big solid box followed by 3 smaller solid boxes. If so, then your all done, else go to step 5.
5. Right click the place that shows the BPM as you did in step 2 in the first tutorial to find the bpm
6. Click the 2nd tab
7. Move the slider to the left or right until the front of big solid box is aligned to the line in the wave form window.
8. Click OK, your done

Enjoy. BTW, no need to beat down on me for not having purchased the software, I'm not a DJ, this is just something that was taught to me. I'm just a music enthusist.

Inviato Fri 01 Jul 05 @ 3:16 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for this news.
I don't know who you are but you were named as "anonymous" because you took too much time to write your post.
Can you tell your name please ?
(One advice: If you plan to write a big post write it in the notepad before in order to avoid this "anonymous" label.

Regards,
Clax

Inviato Fri 01 Jul 05 @ 10:03 pm
hemanHome userMember since 2005
look ...i click with the right and nothing happens...whats wrong?

Inviato Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 12:16 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i get the same problem heman...where exactly should we be right clicking?

p

Inviato Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 2:59 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The BPM value should be rightclicked, but only in some skins, not all of them. Try in different skins and you should find one.

Ex:
MIXSTATION SV by Serge
Pioneer CDJ700s by me

FRUiT94

Inviato Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 8:11 pm
i knew about this but this is unnecessary if while the program attempted to get the BPM thru analyzing it Attempted To Get The Anchor Distance Beats Too.. that way even if the BPM and Anchor distance beats happened to be wrong, the user could just adjust the anchor distance with the arrows < and >. that way the user'd skip the steps of setting the anchor distances (Anchor 1 and Anchor 2).

using the manual tap is not accurate.

i understand that this program is european based and dance tracks are pretty easy to get bpms. but it struggles to get the hip-hop bpms in the 91-110 range.

anon aka vpcdj

Inviato Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 11:21 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@anon aka vpcdj

why are you always anonymous when you post on this forum?

Inviato Fri 05 Aug 05 @ 12:16 am
Can anyone help me on how to match hip hop beat

Inviato Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 2:47 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)