Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 3 or more instances beat locked?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Is there a way to beat lock 3 or more instances of VDJ?

I can beat lock 2 instances, but once I open the 3rd one I cant get it to synch.

Anything that I'm missing on the config side under network or some where else?

The purpose for this is to use VDJ as a sample machine. 3 instances = 36 samples. Again, I can synch 24 samples but no more than that.

Also I'm working on a skin that will just be for samples and I wanted to make sure if it's possible on the XML file to include 3 instances to open up with one shot.

Thanks for your help.

VNZ

Inviato Sat 16 Jul 05 @ 2:40 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I discovered the same "issue" with 3 instances a certain time ago and already reported that. In fact you should use an IP of broadcast and not the IP for local loop 127.0.0.1 but i failed too

Concerning skin, i don't know yet for 3 instances but in theory it should work but

Otherwise for news i'm updating the multi-instance skin for vdj v3.0 with the new skin engine

Inviato Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 4:48 am
What IP address should I use for Broadcast? Where can I find or config that?

By the way, I changed the XML file to multi instance= "3" and it does open 3 instances with one shot. If I can only synch the 3rd one it will be awesome in the developing of my sample machine skin.

Inviato Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 5:43 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
In fact in 3 or more instances, it works like that to my mind:
there is a server which sends the data and 2 or more customers whhich receive data. So you need broadcast IP for you server. It's written 255.0.0.0 to 239.255.255.255
And maybe but i'm not sure you need to add the local loop ip 127.0.0.1 for the customers

By personally i didn't succeed to find the good way.

Inviato Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 1:16 pm
Anyone else got other ideas?. I cant get 3 instances to be sync.

I really need this to work so I can work on my sample machine skin

Inviato Thu 21 Jul 05 @ 4:30 pm
I'm stuck too :-) tryed it right now, but I had to disable my onboard network card as it was unplugged.

Try to plug your NET interface to a switch (so it will not display cable unplugged)
and the try broadcast ip.

ANyway looks like 3 instances on the same PC won't work (maybe due to windows restrictions)

Inviato Thu 21 Jul 05 @ 6:25 pm
Has anyone be able to sync 3 instances of vdj or more?

In the Software Features it states that you can do this but I'm just thinking if its a bug since I cant still make it work with Vdj 3.4.

If its a way I will like to know how.

Thanks

Inviato Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 5:59 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)