Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: skin too large for desktop / size error

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hi,

strange problem with my desktop install, the skin / virtual dj window when pulled to full screen is far to big, hangs over the edge of the destop and then i cant get to the min/max/x buttons to change it, also note that the splash screen is not central, its lower right.

i think as the software loads its not detecting my screen resolution correctly, i am running 1080 x 1920 on an ati hd4200

has any one come accross this ?

its the same with all skins, and a real pain as the normal keybard shortcut keys dont work, so i have to start task manager and force it to maximise from there.

Inviato Sun 13 Feb 11 @ 8:59 am
I have the axact same problem. Thanks by the way for the tip to miximize it in the task makanger. My Screen resolution is 1080 * 1920

Inviato Mon 21 Feb 11 @ 2:20 am
You should ideally use a skin that is designed for your exact screen resolution. For registered licensed users, there are lots to choose from http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skins.html

Resizing or maximising the skin may result in performance issues (Depending on your graphics card's 2D capabilities and whether you have chosen fast or quality resizing in CONFIG -> Performances.)

NOTE: VirtualDJ LE does not support using custom skins - You can upgrade to Pro at a discount by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Inviato Mon 21 Feb 11 @ 10:07 am
so basically the LE version will not work correctly, at a now common screen resolution, and the only way to correct that is to pay more money ????

seems i am being forced to upgrade just to get it work as it should !

Inviato Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 4:30 am
windows keyboard shortcut tip <shift> + <ctrl> + <esc> opens up task manager

Inviato Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 4:32 am
sureview wrote :
so basically the LE version will not work correctly, at a now common screen resolution, and the only way to correct that is to pay more money ????

seems i am being forced to upgrade just to get it work as it should !

The LE version works just fine on large screens - if yours is not, then there's an issue with your setup, not VDJ.

My screen is even higher res than yours (1920x1200) and the LE version works without any problem.

I don't see how you can be using skins anyway, if you've got the LE version.

Honesty is the best policy....

Inviato Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 5:12 am
out of the box fresh win7 install with signed graphics driver.

I am not using skins, happy with the default one, apart from it does not scale, but this only happens when you first load the program , once loaded , if you bring up task manager and maximise the screen the default skin is nearly ok, i say nearly, you still have to have the task bar hidden! VDJ does not seam to respond to the normal keybaord short cuts to max the sceen so this is the only way i have found.

I am not trying to spoof the program in any way, LE's feature set is fine for my needs, but you would expect it to follow normal windows rules.

I find it odd that the skins are resolution dependent, you would thinlk that the default one that us LE users have to use would at least scale to common screen resolutions, and other users have had the same problem too, if i was using strange graphics hardware i could understand, but its a box standard ati 4200.

maybe its because i am using HDMI ? but donthave this problem with any other App

Inviato Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 7:26 am
ok this is what u gotta do to fix ur screen go to your desk top >settings>then go to the resize bar and make it as small as possible then open vertual dj and and click maximize than press Alt F4 together and then go back to ur previous resolution and open vertual dj ther u go u should be fine NOTE: AFTER THIS IS DONE DO NOT CLICK THE SQUARE BUTTON AGAIN OR U WILL HAVE DO TO AVERYTHING AGAIN > FOLLOW ME ON FACE BOOK **************

[Sorry, contact details are not permitted for unlicensed users]

Inviato Fri 03 Jun 11 @ 8:27 am
1312maLE userMember since 2013
run the compatibility program of windows on the main program and answer the questions and save at the end. Then everything is fine and fixed. A lot of fun.

Inviato Mon 08 Jul 13 @ 8:48 am
This topic is over two years old, so the users above have more than likely resolved their problem by now.

[Old topic closed]

Inviato Mon 08 Jul 13 @ 8:51 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)