Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video lags/freeze/signal drop outs

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I just purchased a new MacBook Pro 13" and am running VDJ 7 Pro under windows 7 using Bootcamp. Is anyone else using vdj under bootcamp and mixing videos? I have an old 13" macbook 2.0 intel core 2 duo that played the videos flawlessly, this new i5 macbook pro doesn't play the video well at all. Anyone have any tips?

I need to run firetext and other plug ins that are not available on the mac side so using the osx version is not an option.

Inviato Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 1:50 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Can you give some more information about this new mac, is it the one with the Ati video card?

Inviato Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 3:18 pm
No, its not the model with the ati video card, its the entry model at$ 1199. I am going to return it to the apple store and go for the model with the ati card plus 256mb video memory, the 1gb is out of my price range at $2199. If this doesn't work ill have to go pc :-(. Serato scratdh live plays fine but vdj wont even let me view the video properly on the laptop monitor without using the video out.

Inviato Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 12:59 am
@dj homeboy, thanks im willing to give it a try before I return this laptop and have to pay more.

Inviato Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 1:01 am
~~~UPDATE~~~

I decided to just return the Macbook Pro 13" $1199 model and upgrade to the entry 15" Macbook Pro that has the extra video card w/256mb. I just installed windows 7 using BootCamp and downloaded VDJ and the videos work perfect!

I noticed on the specs for Virtual DJ it recommends the macbook w/256 video card so I should have noticed that before I purchased the first mbp. Thanks to everyone who lended a helping hand!

BTW, VDJ ran solid as a rock on the $1199 macbook pro under osx, music, videos and karaoke! I only had problems using videos VDJ on windows using boot camp.

Inviato Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 1:27 pm
interesting find there the 13 we have in the office here doesn't behave like that under bootcamp or osx.

Inviato Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 1:39 pm
I should have taken video of it using my cell phone but didn't think of it at the time. Without hooking up the projector or the video out adapter video playback in vdj's "window" was choppy.

I didn't know if it was a windows 7 problem, because on my 4 year old macbook, vdj runs perfect under vista/bootcamp, I just was unable to do video out under bootcamp with that particular macbook model.

Inviato Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 1:54 pm
we run ours mdp to vga cpu in bootcamp barely registers, in osx its about 60% never had a problem with this one its a 2.4 late 2010 model. Heres a shot of me testing it in the club I work at with the 6000

Inviato Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 7:34 pm
DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016
Why do people here do Bootcamp when Apple's operating system is so good and stable ?

there is a vdj version for Mac so why not work with her ? Instead of dealing with boot camp ?

could be that the vdj Mac version is not perfect yet yo work with ?

I think that mbp with osx Should work great with any software So why there is a lot of complaints here on the forum for all kinds of problems with Mac version ?

i own a new Mac and i feel that working with my mbp and vdj is not as smooth as with windows Even after optimization for dj work...

For example the small freeze every time loading a song gives a very stressful feeling and its very hard work this way, I skip a heartbeat in every load...

Inviato Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 10:59 pm
DJ SWID wrote :
Why do people here do Bootcamp when Apple's operating system is so good and stable ?

there is a vdj version for Mac so why not work with her ? Instead of dealing with boot camp ?

There are a lot of reasons, for example the user above needs to use firetext with his setup guess what no mac version of firetext is that Virtualdj's fault no. Another reason is video is really bad on Mac again not the fault of Virtualdj either Windows is light years ahead of Mac when it comes to hardware accelerated video with directx vs open gl for video rendering. Another reason is plugins like text and video camera not available on mac user created again not the fault of Virtualdj.

Anyways not trying to start a flame war here but you have to understand the limitations of Osx in it current state, and I can give you hundreds of terminal logs with everything from a kernal panic caused by a firewire drive to total hardware failure of my 17 inch mbp. Comparing windows7 to osx windows wins every time and its evident in the amount of development going on for pc versus the amount of development going on for OSX excluding ios which is not what were comparing here.

Personally I use both and lean toward windows for djing for reasons stated above. I'm excited to see lion and to check if video performance is improved in it. I use osx for everything else. When compared with hardware looks Apple is second to none and it has a true "bose" effect whenever you dj on regardless of what OS you choose. Also Apple puts top end components in their machines so its really hard to get a bad one even on the lower end of things. Food for thought.

Inviato Wed 06 Apr 11 @ 9:51 am
DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016
And what about working only with music without video in mbp ?

Inviato Wed 06 Apr 11 @ 10:36 am
For audio I'd venture to guess you would be fine, again there are some user created plugins missing, however if you check the pack I uploaded you should be fine with those as well. If I had an audio gig I would for sure use OSX natively. Like I said i'm eager to try out lion and see if the video end of things are improved.

Inviato Wed 06 Apr 11 @ 9:48 pm
DJ Cyder,
For work they gave me a Windows 7, Sony VAIO, with an i3 processor at 2.10 GHZ.
I'm trying to do Video DJing on an external display, but the video on the external display is extremely laggy.
I first thought that this graphic card might not be able to handle HD Music Videos, however when I tried playing the same videos on the external displays with iTunes they work fine. Another thing that adds to my confusion is the fact the Sonique music video effects work just fine with the external display yet the videos don't.
The music plays fine but the video just jumps from frame to frame.

I was wondering if you had any suggestions on what I could try to troubleshoot?

Inviato Sat 29 Sep 12 @ 4:06 pm
Amezquita wrote :
Windows 7, Sony VAIO, with an i3 processor at 2.10 GHZ.

This is the Apple Mac version technical support forum.

Please ask PC technical support questions in the PC version technical support forum.

Inviato Mon 01 Oct 12 @ 8:13 am
i am having the same problems with that mac book also... running mac osx 10.6.8. i am also running timecode vinyls too. i especially notice it with HD videos in MP4 format. CPU runs about 80%. I called support and they suggested updating my nvidia geforce 320m video drivers from the nvidia website. there were no drivers found on the website for mac os 10.6.8.

any one got any other ideas? i am stuck!!

Inviato Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 4:20 pm

Inviato Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 5:30 am

"Newer MacBook Pro models have two video cards - One basic card to extend battery life and a higher performance card for better graphics performance. Make sure that the higher performance card is enabled by going to System Preferences -> Energy Saver and choosing Graphics: -> Higher Performance"

I dont have this option in my setrings. Does this mean i dont have a powerful enough mac book?

my mac info says i have nvidia 320m graphics card.

Inviato Sat 06 Oct 12 @ 7:46 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)