Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Maximised Won't fit screen *FIXED*

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

After installing VDJ 7.0.3 on my desktop Win 7 with 22" widescreen 1920 x 1080 I found that after maximising the screen VDJ didn't fit and I had no way of getting to config or min/max/close etc

It had worked fine on my laptop (Dual boot 7/xp stripped)

It didn't matter what the resolution was set to or the resolution of the screen was set to; it was as if the prog read the screen size incorrectly or something.

I searched the net and tried everything I could find/think of when in the end I remembered one more setting that might just affect it and did it!!!

Right click desktop > Screen Resolution
Click on "Make text and other items larger or smaller"
select 100% (default)

Mine was set to 150% but I can get away with 125%

Hope this helps.

Relentless

Inviato Wed 27 Apr 11 @ 8:18 pm
Wow thanks so much. This was driving me nuts. I had the same issue on my 1920x1080 notebook!

Inviato Sun 15 Jul 12 @ 5:22 pm

Inviato Sun 15 Jul 12 @ 5:42 pm
Support staff wrote :
Ideally you should download and use a skin that is designed for your screen's native resolution: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skins.html

Are there any plans to release any "official" HD versions of the default skin? All the current ones on that page are either designed strictly for 4 decks (at the expense of easily accessible controls), or trying too hard to be 'cool'.

I would love a version of the default 2-deck skin that has all the loops/samples/effects controls accessible without the need for tabs, to maximize the amount of available space for tracklistings.

Alternativly, is there an easy way of resizing an existing skin in an image editor to the desired resolution (it doesn't matter if aspect ratio is not maintained), to ease up the load on the CPU?

Inviato Sun 15 Jul 12 @ 6:27 pm
djnanite wrote :
Support staff wrote :
Ideally you should download and use a skin that is designed for your screen's native resolution: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skins.html

Are there any plans to release any "official" HD versions of the default skin? All the current ones on that page are either designed strictly for 4 decks (at the expense of easily accessible controls), or trying too hard to be 'cool'.

I would love a version of the default 2-deck skin that has all the loops/samples/effects controls accessible without the need for tabs, to maximize the amount of available space for tracklistings.

Alternativly, is there an easy way of resizing an existing skin in an image editor to the desired resolution (it doesn't matter if aspect ratio is not maintained), to ease up the load on the CPU?

+1

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 1:34 am

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 5:48 am
Support staff wrote :
You can use the skin resizer tool to resize existing skins to another resolution:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/7187/Skin_Resizer_Tool.html

Awesome!

Can I ask what may seem like a really dumb question before I use this?

I'm running Windows 7 and my desktop resolution is 1600x900.

I want to run VirtualDJ maximized.

Maximized apps do not fill the entire vertical reoslution - approximately 50 pixels is taken up by the taskbar.

To run VirtualDJ maximized without it having to 'resize' the skin, should I make the skin height the full desktop height (900px), or should I deduct the taskbar height from the skin (approx 850px)?

Or is there no performance hit when VirtualDJ 'shrinks' a skin?

Thanks!

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 5:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you wish to have the taskbar visible, then resize the skin to 1600x850, but you dont maximize the skin as it will cover taskbar as well.
Resizing skin certainly requires more cpu than having a non-resized skin.

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 8:16 pm
djdad wrote :
If you wish to have the taskbar visible, then resize the skin to 1600x850, but you dont maximize the skin as it will cover taskbar as well.
Resizing skin certainly requires more cpu than having a non-resized skin.

So, does that mean VirtualDJ always treats maximized skins as 'resized', even if they fit the maximized area exactly?

And does VirtualDJ require increasingly more CPU the more the skin is resized? Or does it use the same CPU regardless of how much it is resized?

Like I said - maybe a dumb question, but I'm really interested to know how VirtualDJ handles this.

Thanks!

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 8:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
djnanite wrote :

So, does that mean VirtualDJ always treats maximized skins as 'resized', even if they fit the maximized area exactly?

No, if the skin has exactly the same resolution as your screen, then its not considered maximized (cpu consuming speaking)

djnanite wrote :

And does VirtualDJ require increasingly more CPU the more the skin is resized? Or does it use the same CPU regardless of how much it is resized?

If the skin has not the same resolution with your screen, then it uses more CPU to achieve best graphics. Nothing to do if its too small or too big. What it matters is that it uses more CPU. The additional CPU consume depends on your computer specs and video card.

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 9:58 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
i know this is an old thread, but i need to drag this back up, ive just got me a new pc for my living room media centre,

intel i7 920 quad core 2.67ghz, 12gb corsair dominator ddr3, asus p6t deluxe mobo, geforce 9800 gtx 512 graphics card.

being that its in my living room, and im sat 10 feet away from the screen, i need to use the

150% text option in windows to be able to read anything from the sofa.

as it turns out..... ive now hit the same issue that was resolved here last year.

ive tried 125%, but the text is still too small to read from the sofa but vdj skins great

so

does anyone know of a work around that will enable me to keep the 150% text and also have vdj fit the screen???

thanks, john.

Inviato Thu 19 Sep 13 @ 2:21 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009

Inviato Thu 19 Sep 13 @ 2:32 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)