Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Complete nOOb question about Karaoke and backbround music

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

wigbi98Home userMember since 2011
Ok guys I am VERY new to this software, This is what I want to do: In between singers how do I setup a playlist that will automatically start when the singer is done?

Also can it be setup to kill the background music when I start a new singer??? I have figured out how to setup the singer songlist in the karaoke in the effect section.

Also is there a way to setup the karaoke list to play in just deck one? Than have the backup songs in deck 2?

I am sure these are super basic questions but like I said I am a super noob!

Thanks guys.

I am using Virtual DJ Pro v7

Inviato Sun 05 Jun 11 @ 4:31 pm
Aside from turning on automix. I'm not aware of any other way to automatically mix into a regular song after a karaoke singer.

If you are using the PC version which has the karaoke rotation manager built in once you hit the start button it will eject the song currently playing load the new one and play it. Mac version does not have the karaoke plugin.

I don't think you can set to play karaoke only on one deck. I think it always uses the last active deck when using the karaoke plugin.

My 2 Cents: Virtual DJ is DJ software with the ability to do karaoke. If you are looking to mainly do karaoke then it is better to use dedicated karaoke software with karaoke specific features. I do a mix of everything that's why I like VDJ. Atomix does not have the source code for the karaoke plugin so don't expect any updates to make it better. One day I hope Atomix will integrate karaoke features into the actual software (not just in plugin form) and have an actual karaoke skin.

Inviato Sun 05 Jun 11 @ 5:38 pm
wigbi98Home userMember since 2011
Thats kind of what I figured. I have done some extensive reading on this software. I do either Karaoke or DJ'ing for weddings, parties etc. I think I will have to buck up and get Compuhost. From what I have read and seen in person from other Karaoke DJ's. It is ideal for just hosting karaoke with all the bells and whistles!

Thanks for your reply.

Inviato Sun 05 Jun 11 @ 6:52 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
sorry, but this makes no sense, you are supposed to be "the dj" right??

therefore you personally should be mixing the next track in. being a dj isnt about having software do everything for you, you should ind the key and bpm of the kareoke song and mix in a matching track. to transition between songs doesnt take much effort, and truthfully, if someone is paying for a dj and the dj is using automix features then your gonna get a bad name.

if you wanna call yourself a dj then you reall need to learn and use the skills it takes to truly be called a dj.

Inviato Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 5:26 am
Blulite, KJ'ing is similar to DJ'ing, but not the same. We don't beat mix, we just need background music. What I do is have two sessions up. One is on a loop of about 20 songs or so on one mixer channel, the other is on my Karaoke. It's not automatic, but all I have to do is bring up the music mix channel when the singer is done, then take it down again when I've got the next person up and ready to sing. Luck...

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 11 @ 1:20 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
ah i see, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 11 @ 3:37 pm
lamozPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Im using VDJ 7 pro for a weekly Karaoke gig and it works well for me. I havent had the need for background music, as I talk an introduce the next singers while they're walking towards the mic. I already have the song ready for them and just hit play as I hand them the mic. What you could do is, set up a play list of the background music and hit autoplay on deck A or B, and then as manually load the song they will sing on the other deck. Like you said, keep the automix in a loop and just use your fader to select the which deck is audible. In other words in between move your fader to the autotune deck and then move it to the karaoke deck when they'll start to sing.

Inviato Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 3:04 pm
I have been using VDJ for Karaoke and DJ'ing for quite a few years now. I love it. Does everything I need for Karaoke as well. But, yes it still calls for some actual interaction from yourself as well. I work at several different places, but still use the same approach. I wind up mixing in regular music with my show, because not everyone is there to sing in these places. Some just want to dance. Its about keeping a fun party atmosphere and try not to offend anyone, which sometimes happens. So if your singing a bunch of tear in your beer stuff, you may be waiting to sing longer than others. So I deviate from the rotation a bit. Not too many complaints really. I have one guy that gives me some grief about how I do things, meanwhile his old lady is on the dance floor having the time of her life. Plus they keep coming back. In any case VDJ is the ticket for me, in the type of places I work. Around here the strraight up Karaoke bar is gone. If you are in a place that is strictly Karaoke and play by the old rules, I would still use VDJ.

Inviato Fri 02 Sep 11 @ 1:17 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)