Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Suggested PC specs for Video Mixing in VDJ Pro???

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Considering adding Video Mixing into my sets....what are the suggested (not bare minimum) specs of the PC to run VDJ, and do LIVE audio & video mixing?

As for OS, I assume Windows 7, correct?

Thanks,

Inviato Fri 17 Jun 11 @ 12:34 am
Hi. I wanted to point you to the SPECIFICATIONS page, but I got a \"Sorry, you don\'t have the necessary accreditations to view this page\" message.

Moderators/teamers: what\'s going on? Minimum specs should be viewable to everyone, even (better yet: especially) for those that do not have VDJ yet!

Inviato Fri 17 Jun 11 @ 9:41 am
OS isn't too terribly relevant but you'll find a lot of the community uses windows 7 for pc users though I don't see xp being a problem why use software that old? I use two separate systems, one desktop and one laptop the desktop is 64 bit, the laptop (my main) is 32 bit. I can video mix fine on both now though the desktop used to have intermittent issues pursuant to bad drivers from AMD-ATI. Here are my specs to give you some idea

Laptop (My main box I use 4 nights a week)
2.1 Ghz AMD Athlon X2 CPU
4 GB DDR2 RAM
320 GB SATA HDD
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M
and it has a built in dolby sound room audio processor (still just measly hp out and mic in jacks though)

Desktop
2.3 Ghz AMD Phenom Quad Core CPU
3 GB DDR2
1.5 TB SATA II HDDs
ATI Radeon HD5700
Realtek AC97 built in 5.1 surround sound chip

You don't need something massive necessarily for video mixing, but I do recommend the 4 GB of ram and a fairly decent video card be it a discrete (onboard) chip or a additional card (if you're using a desktop). If you're using a laptop you can always buy more RAM for it to get it to at least 4 GB but a modern laptop for the most part should help quite a bit. I used AMD for my cpu because of the low power specs of AMD for performance to keep my heat low while giving me good performance and because of the architecture bonuses for the kind of rendering/performance AMD is engineered for. I would go for an onboard NVidia graphics solution if possible though my little intel graphics chip on my laptop seems to do a right fine job. I use a webcam streaming to video output while rendering the gradient filter, showlogo tool, and the text tool with variant alpha blending while still mixing and fading so it seems to render fairly well without issues. Hope this helps ya some.

Inviato Fri 17 Jun 11 @ 2:32 pm
Thanks Semperfi, that's the type of answer i was looking for...what do real world people using this software for video mixing actually use, and what problems if any do they experience.....

Any other responses would be appreciated....

Trying to get suggestions before making the transition into video dj'ing.

Inviato Fri 17 Jun 11 @ 3:33 pm
Deejay Corny wrote :
Hi. I wanted to point you to the SPECIFICATIONS page, but I got a \"Sorry, you don\'t have the necessary accreditations to view this page\" message.

Perhaps you have the wrong address.

The specifications can be found at the bottom of the page Products -> Software -> VirtualDJ Pro:

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html

Inviato Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 2:31 pm
Do people have a lot of events where they VJ all night long? So far I do a blend between VJ and DJ while using sonique as a filler for tracks that I have that are audio only. Unless I'm at a venue with enough televisions and a good circuit for the feed to get to them all, very rarely have I found in little part of Wisconsin that videos are that big. 4 out of 10 people maybe respond different and it doesn't seem to really get many people out on the floor all that often. I actually see a couch potato effect happen sometimes so then I'll swap back to just the tracks. Just wondering what others are seeing with the VJing. Visualizations seem to have a better impact on the average for me for the dancing whereas videos are great for a chilling out portion or to display in an area where people are just relaxing at the bar rather than near the dance floor.

Inviato Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 5:29 pm
Hi, I'm currently using Virtual DJ Pro.7.0,(XP) with a Toshiba Tecra A1 -S211 Intel Pentium M 730 / 1.6 GHz wtih 1.5 GB of Ram. however, i'm still getting a delay when scratching. I have went into the control panel and changed the latency, but I'm still getting a delay!

PLEASE HELP!

Inviato Tue 25 Jun 13 @ 9:05 am
Please do not hijack topics by posting a message or question that is not related in any way.

Your question has nothing to do with suggested PC specifications for video mixing.

Please open your own new topic by clicking on the pen and paper icon at the top of the main forum topic list page (Make sure that you also give as much information about what hardware you are using, including sound card, MIDI controller (If any), etc.)

Please also don't unnecessarily bump old topics that may no-longer be relevant to the current version of the software. This topic is over 2 years old.

VirtualDJ v7.0 that you are using is also an old and out of date version of the software. There have been many changes and improvements to the software since then (See http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ_History.html ) - We are now on v7.4

Please register your serial number to your account http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and then upgrade to the latest version: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

If you have not purchased VirtualDJ Pro then please support the software and its future development by purchasing it: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html (Especially if you are a working DJ and are making money as a result of using it at your gigs.)

[Old topic closed]

Inviato Tue 25 Jun 13 @ 11:38 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)