Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Tracks skipping during playback after recording... - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I use Virtual DJ daily to record my own edits and mashups. I record internally, no hardware or other software. Today I tried recording an edit, and it sounded perfect while recording it, but when i played it back it had numerous skips in it. I tried it over a bunch of times with the same problem, and I noticed the timer in the "Record" section was freezing every 10-20 seconds and wouldnt catch up all the way, and over the duration of the track it caused it to come out 5-10 seconds shorter than it should be. I tried multiple solutions i found, none worked. I tried all 3 time stretch options, didnt change anything. Then I disabled the mp3 encoder and recorded in wav, and it worked perfect. Which makes me think the encoder is the problem, but i've never had this issue before. My cpu usage isnt any higher than normal while recording. Any suggestions on why the encoder is causing the skipping?

Inviato Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 2:28 am
Oh, and I'm using Virtual DJ Pro 7, the latest version, and Windows 7. I can give full specs if needed.

Inviato Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 2:29 am
Update: Recording in WAV format worked the first time, but now I am having the same problem even recording in wav format. It is not nearly as bad, only 1 or 2 small skips, but still is enough to make it useless. PLEASE HELP!!

Inviato Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 2:29 pm
This sounds a lot like a buffering issue. Without knowing RAM, Video, and CPU specs it's harder to detail as well as hard drive specs to include SATA or SATA II standards.

You set it to wav which is a lossless format which uses a LOT of data. If you're trying to record at the highest res you'll have the most issues. I recommend switching over to mp3 and choosing 256 for the resolution and seeing if that helps. If it does, but not enough you can always go to and try 128 next and if clears completely you can try for a res somewhere in between the two (196 being one of the more common in that array)

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 11 @ 3:15 pm
you can also look for a different mp3 encoder. lame is by far an industry standard so it should work for you, it always has for me, but again, without knowing your specs it's much harder to diagnose.

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 11 @ 3:16 pm
I was thinkin it's a buffering problem too, but my specs should be more than enough to record smoothly, it always has in the past. I've made literally thousands of edits using VDJ before without issue. Here's my full specs.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

My harddrive has 465 GB of space, and 406 GB are still free.

If you need any more info about the computer let me know. I did a live chat with a VDJ tech support guy, he sent me to a link with a bunch of things to do and check. Did them all, nothing worked. Still the exact same problem. Please help, I depend on this program for my edits, which are really important in my live sets! Thanks!

Inviato Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 4:33 am
Also, I use these edits at all my shows, so I need them to be in mp3 320kbps.

Inviato Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 4:37 am
Does it still do the same thing in windows media player??

Huey

Inviato Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 7:16 am
@beatbreaker - The song sounds perfect when I am recording it. Then when I play the song back it has numerous skips in it, regardless of whether i play it back in VDJ, Serato, or any other player.

Inviato Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 2:39 pm
r u doing this with the free version?

Inviato Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 6:10 pm
No, it is with a cracked version though. But I don't think that's the problem because it's always worked before with the exact same one.

Inviato Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 11:36 pm
Nice your using a crack.........bro delete that and download the free home version which is the newest. I mean dang there giving you a free version and you wanna use a crack??

Good Luck
Huey

Inviato Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 11:47 pm
Not everyone can afford to buy all these programs bro!! I get cracked versions of anything I can honestly. And this is the first time I've ever had a problem with any of them. Also, I don't remember seeing a free version when I first got the crack, except for the trials. Otherwise I would have gotten it. But at this point I'm willing to try anything to get it working so I'm gonna delete the crack and get the free version. Let's hope it works!

Inviato Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 12:15 am

Inviato Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 12:24 am
Just downloaded the free version, still having the same problem. It has to be my computer, I just don't understand what exactly it is. My specs are more than enough to run VDJ and record smoothly. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Inviato Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 12:49 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Inviato Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 9:32 am
Did anyone finally find a solution? Cause this is happening to me too.

Inviato Sat 02 Jun 12 @ 12:46 am
Please post as much info on your setup as possible.

Inviato Sat 02 Jun 12 @ 4:08 am
HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @2.40GHz
485 GB free of 681 GB.
8 GB of RAM

Inviato Tue 05 Jun 12 @ 3:10 pm
Hi guys can anyone help me with this problem. Am using Virtual Dj and when ever i record my mix, using there decks...when i download my mix or playback my mix it keeps saying,no suitable decoder module: VLC does not support the audio format. what can i do???

Inviato Mon 17 Jun 13 @ 1:14 pm
95%