Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: **Club MixX**

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Inviato Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 11:54 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
bad really really bad........Just kidding, not listened to it yet. but will now...hehe..

Inviato Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 5:45 am
ok here goes, theres a little bit or a rough patch at the beginning, boom boom pow is dropped in really suddenly and doesnt quite fit. the mix at 3.45-4.00 is really rough, i can tell just from hearing it you used the fader and you were about 1 beat out in your timing. try undermixing for a better blend.

just before 5 mins again your transition was a bit sudden. more undermixing to level your volumes out a bit and bring in your tracks smoooooth.

6.35, nice drop.

7.40 mix was great to the point the outgoing track was still playing over the fem vox, if you had cut the outgoing track it would have been sweet the last few bars of the outgoing spolied it.

9.00 to sudden, again undermixing is key.

10.27 transition was too fast but seemed to be ok.

11.00 really loud bass kick, again volume leveling with eq undermixing.

11.42 WIKID blend :)

12.40-13.00 again great blend

13.50 - 14. nice. slight reduction in low eq needed but good transition.

14.50-15 instead of a blend a drop would have been better as there was over lappiing lyrics which is always a train wreck unless you get it perfect.

15.26, there was a pause before the bass kick. it was a noticable change but wouldnt have been a bad transition if it landed that one beat earlier

16 - 16.30 good. the transition was much better.

17.30ish, nice blend, but eq undermixing again let you down. vox on vox.

18.50, i heard that lol. sneeky vox and cut it back out.

19.30 sudden trasition again, volume leveling is way out.

20.30 nice blend, but dubstep track is waaaayyy out of place in this set its just too heavy too soon.

21.30 not good, transitioning from low energey to a single hight energy track like dubstep and back again just sunk your battleship. harmonics are key here.

ok, so over all, your set wat ok, but there are a lot of hard sudden transitions with the volume leveling and eq's all over the place. the energy and the harmonics of the entire set did not flow and the dubstep near the end pretty much killed it for you completely.

now im not saying its bad, but im not saying its good either. what im here to say and be honest about is you need some education on harmonic mixing and undermixing. as well as volume leveling. i think with a bit more practice and some simple reading and a few tips you will be able to produce a good smooth sounding smooth flowing set.

with this set in particular your energy is jumping around like a kangeroo on steroids. now mo ones perfect, just listen to my attempt at mixing rock lol that was an abomination to say the least. (yeah i dont do rock mixes lol)

however, with the right criticisms and the correct guidance you will find it much easier to work out whats what.

theres a lot of info in the mix lessons section in various threads that ive written for people to help with their mixing. have a read around and see what you can pick up.

keep up the good work and dont stop practicing.

hope this helps,
john

Inviato Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 6:20 am
Thanks man, this will definitely come into mind next time I'm running through mixing !

Inviato Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 10:16 am
gld to be of assistance, if you need any info on undermixing, harmonics etc just let me know and ill help where i can.

Inviato Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 12:00 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)