Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Hip-Hop/Rap Mixing Help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey guys, I just downloaded VDJ today so i'm an extreme beginner. I've never worked with anything like this before except maybe Logic Pro. I was attempting to make a mix of various rap songs then record the mix and burn it to a cd as a good warm up playlist for a basketball team. I decided to download VDJ because i thought this would be the easiest way to make a seamless mix. Unfortunately its harder than i thought to mix rap and have it come out well. I was attempting to use songs such as NBA Shots-LMFAO, Super Bass-Nicki Minaj Right Above It-Lil Wayne, I'm on One-DJ Khaled, and things of the like. If anyone could help by giving some tips on how to make the playlist as good as possible it'd be great! Thanks!

Inviato Wed 20 Jul 11 @ 10:58 pm
Depending on what exactly you want to do with it. You have to look at the bpm's (beats per minute) of those songs. off the top of my head: shots - 128bpm superbass - 130bpm right above it - 149ishbpm and i'm on one - 160ish. You will have to transition these songs, which is possible by increasing your speed. I would start with shots, go to superbass and on up. I would suggest searching for a version of the song with a pre-made intro. That will HELP you out a lot. The intro is a 16 - 32 beat instrumental version of the song at the beginning. That will allow an easier an more workable way to mix it. It will take some work, but the more you play with it the better you will get along with the mixes.

Inviato Thu 25 Aug 11 @ 6:18 am
any suggestions to finding songs like that I can never find the songs with "dj friendly openings"

Inviato Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 3:27 pm
pick 20 songs now look at the bpm within 5 greater leaser now you might have 8 now take those cue them on the 1 pitch them sync them make sure they read the same oh and good luck

Inviato Wed 26 Sep 12 @ 5:49 pm
allies101 wrote :
any suggestions to finding songs like that I can never find the songs with "dj friendly openings"

my first suggestion would be to start a separate post for you question... it is rude to hijack another's post.
secondly there are many sources for DJ friendly tracks, search on google for record pools or DJ pools will give you some sites.
Here is an article that lists some sources, it is a little dated but still fairly relevant.
http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/01/26/digital-record-pool-round-up/

Inviato Fri 28 Sep 12 @ 10:06 am
allies101 wrote :

Youtube is a great spot to download those hard to find songs and clean versions for those events that prefer no cussing.You can download and play right on virtual dj.

Inviato Fri 28 Sep 12 @ 10:37 pm
Ah, but that would be illegal. That's why YouTube videos don't have a download button....

Inviato Sat 29 Sep 12 @ 5:02 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)