Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Just got a Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx - Do I need to uninstall the Home version?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Whatup everyone. I'm a fairly new user, and I've been 'playing' with the VirtualDJ Home FREE version for about a year (since I moved and haven't had enough space to set up my turntables). I just got the Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx, which came bundled with VDJ LE.

Do I need to uninstall the Home FREE version before installing VDJ LE or can I just install VDJ LE as an 'upgrade'?

If so, is there some way to save/export all my virtual folder filters? I've got my collection pretty well organized with virtual folders, and I'd really like not to have to redo them all. The same goes for BPM info, etc.

Do I just need to save the VirtualDJ Database v6.xml file somewhere and replace it after installing VJD LE?

I apologize if these questions have been answered elsewhere already. I did scour the forum and the Wiki for answers to no avail.

Thanks for your help. I can't wait to get started!

Inviato Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 8:08 pm
You can install both at the same time. Simply click on the icon for the one that you wish to use. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html for a list of the main differences between these versions.

You can make a backup copy of your VirtualDJ settings and database if you wish before installing. You should do this on a regular basis anyway if this information is important to you. Also, make sure that you backup your music collection regularly.

Both will use the same database, so this information should still be present. However, VirtualDJ LE is limited software and does not support filter folders.

NOTE: You can upgrade from VirtualDJ LE for Hercules 4-Mx to the full VirtualDJ Professional at a considerable discount by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html and entering your VirtualDJ LE serial number in the box provided.

NOTE: If you use external hard drives, these will also have their own local database at the root of the drive. Your main database can be found in My Documents\VirtualDJ

Inviato Wed 27 Jul 11 @ 5:54 am
Thanks!

So you're saying I can use the Home version with the DJ Console 4-Mx? Do I even need to install LE or can I just plug in the 4-Mx and go with the Home version?

What is the best way to backup my VDJ settings and database? Do I just save the VirtualDJ Database v6.xml file somewhere (like my Desktop)?

I did plan on upgrading to the Pro Full version at some point, but I wanted to get going ASAP and see what the LE version can do first.

Thanks again.

Inviato Wed 27 Jul 11 @ 1:52 pm
Biddump.

Inviato Wed 27 Jul 11 @ 11:57 pm
No, you cannot use Home FREE with the 4-Mx (Except for 10 minutes at a time as a trial of the full Pro.) It does not support MIDI controllers.

However, you can have both Home FREE and LE installed on your computer at the same time. Simply click on the icon for the one that you wish to use. Both will use the same database.

The best way to backup your database and settings is to copy your entire VirtualDJ folder (My Documents\VirtualDJ) to external media such as a USB flash drive. You can also make a backup on your local C: drive by simply copying it to another folder, e.g: My Documents\Backup

If you use external hard disks for your music., you should also backup the local database from the root of each drive.

Make sure that you also backup your entire music collection on a regular basis to other media (E.g: External hard disk.)

Inviato Thu 28 Jul 11 @ 11:06 am
Thanks!

Inviato Fri 29 Jul 11 @ 5:32 pm
Hey,

I have a Mac book pro, and bought a Hercules 4mx yesterday. I tried to install the CD but it does not let me.
The error comes when I try to install the DJ Console 4-mx Driver that it is not possible to install it on my computer, thats all it says.

Then when I try to open the LE, another error comes.

Can someone please give me advice on how the handle?

Thank you

Inviato Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 12:51 pm

Inviato Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 1:55 pm
When I click the link its comes as, object can not be found....

Inviato Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 2:01 pm
Maybe Hercules have updated it recently.

You can go directly to their support website and download it from there:

http://ts.hercules.com

Inviato Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 2:39 pm
But I have a CD that comes in the box, when I try to install that the driver can't be installed because of my computer.

How can I solve this? And is there a fast way to communicate through a help desk that helps me through the steps...

Inviato Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 2:54 pm
You should always download the latest from the manufacturer where possible. Most CD's for any product are often out of date not long after they are produced.

You can download the latest Hercules drivers by following the links on the site above.

Or you can contact VirtualDJ support by going to: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

You can also contact the manufacturer Hercules support via the links above.

Inviato Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 9:19 pm
BUt the problem is that when I try to install the driver my mac comes with the error that it cannot be installed.

I had a different mac book pro before and when i installed everything on that mac it went perfect, i don't get why it comes with a error now?

Inviato Fri 30 Dec 11 @ 2:53 am

Inviato Fri 30 Dec 11 @ 4:07 am
I tried that, didn't help - the same note came on that the driver cannot be installed on this computer.

I have a Mac Book Pro, Lion version..

Inviato Fri 30 Dec 11 @ 1:01 pm
hello i need the drivers from me hercules console Rmx i lost the cd so somebody down loud a web sitie please give me the web thank

Inviato Fri 26 Apr 13 @ 8:18 pm

Inviato Sat 27 Apr 13 @ 1:48 pm
I had the LE version but tried the 20trial and its not working with my hercules dj 4mix also its saying sound card error

Inviato Wed 01 May 13 @ 5:34 pm
hey i have hercules dj console 4-mx. i used to b able play on virtual dj with the deck for a year or so, but sudden now the program wouldnt let me to connect my deck. the deck is perfectly fine, i need the program to connect my deck because im playing live in 2 weeks time....

Inviato Sat 10 Aug 13 @ 3:16 pm

Inviato Sat 10 Aug 13 @ 4:09 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)