Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: What is a good Music Software program?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm ready to spend some money on a great music software program (like Logic pro or FL studio). But on amazon, Logic pro is like $400 bucks! I have a brand new mac, with Garage band but i dont understand how to use it that well even with some tutorials, theres not enough plugins or sound effects etc... any ideas?

Inviato Sun 31 Jul 11 @ 7:37 pm
I started on fruity before moving on to ableton, fruity is relatively cheap, but its greatest strength is its usability, for me at least it just made sense there was nothing hidden or complex to fiigure out for when I was a noob, but you can get fairly in depth with the program and use any vst's to improve you library of sounds and effects.

Inviato Mon 01 Aug 11 @ 1:28 am
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If Garageband is confusing, even after watching Youtube Videos and reading manuals, then everything else will seem like a foreign language. Do yourself a favor and check out this site:

http://www.ipr.edu

You can't just pick up a guitar and expect to play like Eddie Van Halen. It takes time, practice, and learning. You can't just download audio production software and then automatically be a producer. I would spend $400 on school before just blowing it on a program. Sure it might impress your friends, but in all reality, you are just a guy with a really expensive program that you have no clue how to run.

Your initial question says you could use a little book learning before just jumping in. What I think is good software might not be the best choice for the next guy. Find a local recording studio and see if they would maybe answer some questions to help you figure out what exactly you are trying to do, and what software will not only make your ideas into reality, but might also be able to expand and grow as you learn more.

Inviato Mon 01 Aug 11 @ 3:16 pm
Oh no i agree fully! I'm not trying for fame, and i dont really care to impress my friends, i do want to learn more, i didnt intend to come across as trying to skip anything. I think just frustrated that i've researched a bit (maybe in the wrong places) and still have trouble figuring out what to do, thanks for the advice.

Inviato Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 7:58 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
in situations like yours, i would forget about the cash, grab some demos or cracked versions of the software and hve a good week or 2 with each one to see what i want . then splash the cash.

not knowing what you really want to achieve can only spell disaster when making purchases. take your time and choose correctly. forget what you have to spend and consentrate more on what you want to spend it on.

Inviato Wed 03 Aug 11 @ 7:27 am
KefkaHome userMember since 2011
Call it cliche, but it really all depends on ur workflow. There is not really a best daw. While some do perform certain tasks better than others, wut works for one person might not necessarily work for the next. It's really a matter of personal preference and finding wut best suits u. The majority of the programs offer free trials on their website. Best bet would just be to experiment with each for about 2 weeks and see wut fits ur workflow.

Inviato Thu 04 Aug 11 @ 6:13 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
this is ery true, i still much prefer my mp3e2 over my MTP as i had perfected it, and remapped it almost to perfection for both audio and video mixing. the only thing i have to do is map on a 4 deck switch. i probably have th emost advanced mapper for the mp3e2 youve ever seen lol.

my MTP on the other hand, im still having a few problems with.

Inviato Fri 05 Aug 11 @ 7:08 am
Get yourself a second hand ATARI STe with Cubase on two floppy disks and buy yourself a simple Roland sound module.

That should give you some vintage fun :P

Inviato Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 5:06 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)