Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Live Mixes - Effects, Pre-recorded remixes, and terminology and a little Jr.Lawyer legal advice

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So I'm having issues with actually finding the words to explain what it is I want done so even if you don't have the answers and no what I'm talking about and can provide the vocabulary that would be awesome.

I used to think that 100% live mixes referred to a someone who was Djing with out any pre-recorded remixes, and that everything they were doing at the table were the -- raw unedited album/single release/radio edit versions of the songs.

I'm finding people just cue, beatmatch, fade in or cut in, rinse, repeat.

I guess my question is it really even feasible to remix radio edit songs live (is there a word for this?). I work with a lot of pop music -- so the genres and song can change drastically song to song. Most troubling being the vocals in a track -- most people who spin pop music (that I see) are using the dance/electric/tech/club remix, which are much much easier to work with.

Does anyone have any examples on youtube of someone accomplishing this.

I mean I've found my own methods for achieving this, that have been -- effective -- so far, but if there's a technique or strategy I'm missing i'd like to see it.

Also what is the legality of playing the remixed track in a public setting that isn't the internet.

If I were to have my own remix of a song and own the original two songs -- I don't see much of an issue except maybe with regards to some kind of performance licensing.

Also does anyone know if I use a track from itunes if it's able to be played for the public? Yes I know itunes songs aren't always the best quality, but a lot of well known sources don't have nearly as many oldies/non-traditional mix genres that I like to use.

Lastly I see a ton of people using remixed versions of songs that I know they didn't make and were probably not licensed by the publisher. Often I see them on Radio.Virtudaldj.com

I don't understand how Atomix can offer the sets of these songs for download when they contain copyrighted work can anyone explain how this works out?

Also are there any good effects programs for generating digital sounds (wobble bass affects, synthesizer noises, etc). I've kinda been experimenting with this for creating an at-the-table (tm?) remixed version of a song, but have only been sampling songs and editing clips in Audacity. Is there a program that generates these tones and effects.

Thanks in advance

Inviato Sat 03 Sep 11 @ 4:49 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)