Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vestax Typhoon - VDJ 7 LE - Controller Stops Working Mid-Session

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm seriously getting frustrated. I'm running Windows Vista which I've read is my problem and found, yet another, dead end. In the middle of my set, even when I'm not scratching, my controller freezes up and no longer controls VDJ. I read that there may be some type of work around, but it, of course there wouldn't be one that works, was another dead link.

I'm really hoping there is something to fix this. It kind of sucks purchasing a product to find out you have to go buy a different OS just to run it. Maybe there should be some type of GIANT PRINT SAYING THIS PRODUCT BLOWS WITH VISTA.

I apologize if that seems out of line, but there are question related to this from over a year ago with no response or effort to fix the problem. This is all I've seen, "Welp, it's out of our hands, the Typhoon and VDJ 7 in conjunction with each other just don't work with Vista. Guess you're shit out of luck! Go buy a different version of Windows or a different controller."

Thanks for the options...

Inviato Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 2:43 am
Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MIDI%20controller%20stops%20working%20with%20Windows%20Vista.html

Unfortunately this is a well known problem in Vista, which is not a good choice of operating system for using MIDI controllers and is also a very 'bloated' and will give poor system performance overall compared to WIndows 7 or XP on the same computer.

While excessive scratching is the most common cause, any excessive sending of MIDI messages (E.g: Lighting multiple LED's at the same time) could also potentially cause this problem.

Some controllers such as Denon have firmware workarounds to avoid this problem, but we're not aware of any such workarounds for the Typhoon.

It's also possible that this may be caused by a faulty USB cable or the Vestax ASIO driver. Try using using it at home with the built-in sound card in your computer and see if you still get the problem. Make sure that you also have the most recent version of VirtualDJ LE installed http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

Inviato Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 5:11 am
I love how you guys won't even touch the subject. I'm OBVIOUSLY not the only person going through this.

On the box, it says that it works with Windows Vista 32- and 64-bit. False Advertisement to get a bunch of suckers to buy your product? Should I get my ****ing lawyer? Cuz, I'm pretty pissed about this.

Your product in direct use with the Vestax Typhoon does not work on the machine you said it would work on. So what the **** is the next step? I go spend $300+ on this piece of shit, since you guys convinced me it worked with Windows Vista, and now I have to go spend another $130 on Windows 7?!?! You are out of your Goddamn mind!

Maybe you should have made a ****ing work around before marketing your product to those running Windows Vista...you know...the OS that is "known" for this issue. I'm not very computer illiterate, so I know how to install a ****ing driver, DO NOT insult my intelligence. Also, I bought this thing a little over a week ago...I have the most recent Limited Edition version, which ****ing blows all in its own right. I can't even make a playlist you stingy ****s?

Don't blame this FAULTY EQUIPMENT on me. There should have been a way to make it work with Vista or you greedy ****s should not have WRONGLY ****ING ADVERTISED that this thing actually works with it.

This is some serious bullshit! I purchase something to have it kind of work.

"Everything you need to DJ!"

**** off...everything you need to pretend you can actually use your equipment for more than 30 ****ing minutes.

Figure this shit out or give me my goddamn money back.

Inviato Fri 23 Sep 11 @ 3:14 pm
But, why would you guys actually care? You got your money and obviously have no intention of HELPING YOUR CUSTOMERS with an issue that should have been addressed IMMEDIATELY after it was first heard about or not sold for Vista anymore.

Thanks again for your lack of care in helping your customers...I appreciate the fact that I had NO CHOICE in getting Vista and you're telling me to fuck off or go buy Windows 7.

Some customer care, bro! Thanks!

Inviato Fri 23 Sep 11 @ 3:22 pm
Please do not use offensive language in your forum posts

You have purchased a Vestax product which is manufactured and sold by Vestax. Atomix Productions do not make or sell any hardware. We are a software company and make the software VirtualDJ only. If you have any hardware problems with this device, you should contact the manufacturer for advice, or alternatively if you have only just purchased it, return it back to shop for refund or replacement with another product. We will of course do our best to help you, but unfortunately there is nothing that we can do about bugs in the controller's firmware, drivers and/or Windows operating system.

Vestax kindly include a VirtualDJ LE for FREE to allow you to use your new product out of the box. We also offer a very generous discount to upgrade it to the full software if you wish to do so.

The MIDI problem in Vista is an operating system bug and does not always affect all users depending on how they use their controller. It also doesn't affect more basic MIDI controllers that don't send too many MIDI messages at once. It's the responsibility of the manufacturer to update their firmware to work around this problem and/or Microsoft to fix the bug in their operating system (This is unlikely given that Windows 8 is due to launch soon.)

VirtualDJ itself works well with Windows Vista, although we would strongly recommend Windows 7 for better system performance overall.

NOTE: We've not commonly come across this problem with Vestax Typhoon, so it could be that you have a defective unit. Also, try a different USB cable and/or USB port on your computer to rule out a problem with either of these.

Inviato Sat 24 Sep 11 @ 1:20 pm
I have the same problem,virtual dj 'freeze" using Typhoon but with windows 7,and as the guy said,if you know tha there is a problem with that OS,please let us Know or find the solution,i'm very angry too,i spent more than 300 dollars for something that it doesn't work.

Inviato Sun 09 Oct 11 @ 10:53 pm
arielkcmo wrote :
I have the same problem,virtual dj 'freeze" using Typhoon but with windows 7,and as the guy said,if you know tha there is a problem with that OS,please let us Know or find the solution,i'm very angry too,i spent more than 300 dollars for something that it doesn't work.

Yeah mine seems to stop controlling? 2 weeks old i have ssd in it jesus and still seems stop

Any help please was about to upgrade not sure too

Inviato Fri 09 Mar 12 @ 7:18 pm
i have the same problem but with windows 7, the music just stops in the middle of a song. is this a pc or midi controller issue?

Inviato Tue 24 Sep 13 @ 12:47 pm
Does you PC meet the specs listed on the Vestax website? Specifically the part that says Note: Intel Celeron, ATOM, and AMD CPUs are not supported.

Inviato Tue 24 Sep 13 @ 12:59 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)