Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Help a noob out

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I just go virtual DJ and just had a couple questions about DJ'ing in general

I feel like im stealing other peoples work. I make these mixes with other peoples songs I just kinda feel like that I should have at least a couple of my songs in there. So how often to DJ's do shows without actually making their own music?

Also im starting on my own first mix and I am aiming for it to be around 45m long. I have the first 10m or so down and now whenever I want to add a new song do I keep recording all the way from the beginning and have to go through the whole mix just so I can record the end of it. Is there a way to speed up this process?

I thought i had more questions but I think I just had a brain fart. Will post more if they come back to me.

Happy DJ'ing!!

Inviato Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 3:08 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
What your talking about is the difference between DJing and producing. A lot of DJs double as producers, a lot don't. I have long held the belief DJs need to be humble simply because we are only pushing play, on someone real artists music.

Inviato Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 6:28 pm
What about the part of recording?

My mix is around 15m long and if I want to add a song to the end do I have to keep recording the whole thing from the beginning or is their an easier way around this?

Inviato Fri 23 Sep 11 @ 3:47 pm
It's doesn't sound like you know what you are doing and I don't think "DJing" is for you. Since you don't even have the woft ware i would suggest something else.

Inviato Sat 24 Sep 11 @ 6:39 am
Before I drop a lot of money I want to test it out first dude. I am enjoying it a lot so far but you still didn't answer my simple question.

Whenever my mixes get to be around 10-15m long if I want to add another track to the end of it do I need to re-record the whole entire beginning of the mix? I find it extremely asinine that you are telling somebody else that is new to this that they should simply quit because they aren't instantly good at it. If you know what noob is it is somebody that is new so of course I don't know what I am doing and am looking for help what is the problem?

Thank you.

Inviato Sat 24 Sep 11 @ 11:48 pm
the reaason you feel that you are just playing other peoples music, is because that is all you are doing, what a dj does to the music is emphasizes different parts of songs and plays the music in a flowing coherant order that makes people want to dance. Dj's are not juke boxes, you job is to educate people with music that you love that you usually have spent hours searching for, as well as entertain them with music they already love. You need to have impecable taste, and be confident in your song choices.

DJing is a live performance, so in answer to your question you need to record the whole thing again, if you are thinking of showing it to a club to get a gig, you need skills, so don't lie to them or yourself by recording a perfect mix when your not capable, Your lucky if a promoter books you after listening to a demo without knowing you, but you will only get one shot to impress them with your ability, if you cant back up the quality of your demo live, you won't get another chance.

Inviato Sun 25 Sep 11 @ 12:15 am
Anybody have any tips about the recording part?

Inviato Sun 25 Sep 11 @ 11:52 pm
synthet1c wrote :
DJing is a live performance, so in answer to your question you need to record the whole thing again

Inviato Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 12:14 am
ahhhh my bad. Thats what I was afraid of. Thank mate

Inviato Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 1:22 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)