Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Is it best to mix slower BPM songs to faster ones?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

This is one things I've always sometimes struggled with, when practicing. But I've had a play around, and thought it worked the best when you play the slower songs first and gradually play the song which is the next number up in BPM speed. Such as for example:

Random song 1 - 94.0 BPM
Random song 2 - 89.0 BPM
Random song 3 - 100. BPM

I would play songs 2, 1 & 3. <-- Then I'd play them in that order.

What are your opinions?

Thank you for answers.

Inviato Sat 15 Oct 11 @ 8:16 pm
try to have as few rules as possible, otherwise you will sound exactly the same as everyone else who follows the same rules, with the bpm's you have listed it looks like hp hop as that is about the genre that uses 100bpm... with hip hop you shoud be building up in tempo but that is the beauty of digital djing, you can just use key lock to compensate for the pitch change, so play what you think will sound best then what you think will work best based on key, bpm, genre, sub genre etc...

Inviato Sun 16 Oct 11 @ 1:44 am
Yes you was genrally right, it was hiphop. It was the stuff from around the 2003 era.

Just been DJ'in in my bedroom this afternoon for a couple of hours. It's put me in a good mood, I feel more like I can handle it a lot more now, due to practice. =)

Inviato Sun 16 Oct 11 @ 11:22 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)