Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: How do I make buildups to put into my mixes?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I need help transitioning from one song to another and i thought using buildups would help...problem is idk how to make em. Please help me, it will be appreciated.

Inviato Sat 29 Oct 11 @ 7:28 pm
It really depends somewhat on the style of music your mixing but some basic things to help would be to have a slowly rising sound or to have drums slowly increase in tempo. Sometimes looping part of the drums or song starting with a full measure or two and then cutting the loop size in half until you get a good transition point works. Increasing the pitch can also make this sound better or if transitioning to a faster song increasing the pitch and tempo. How fast you want to do this depends on your style and preference. Using samples can also really help with transitions. In alot of cases you can also find good transition points in more ambient parts of songs without using buildups. You can also beat match songs of course and slowly cut over or quickly cut the crossfader depending on the song. These are a few things I like to do sometimes.. Hope this helps out man.

Good mixing,
DJ Cool Colors

Inviato Sat 29 Oct 11 @ 11:43 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)