Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Setting up 2 x eks Otus's

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi, i've got a few bits of equipment and really struggled to set them up to work. Was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what's going wrong? :)

Hardware:
Turntables: 2 x EKS Otus midi controllers
Mixer: Pioneer DJM-400
Amplifier: qtzsound QA1600

Running vdj on my PC.

The main problem is that the two channels don't seem to register, and everything goes through one channel on the mixer (either 1 or 2, dependant on where the cables are plugged in). Therefore, this causes the crossfader not to work on the mixer (although the inbuilt mixers on the otus's DO work.

I'm thinking this problem may be something to do with the AUX cables not going from both turntables to the amp. This is how it's wired currently:

Turntable A --> Mixer
Turntable A --> PC

Turntable B --> mixer
Turntable B --> PC

Mixer --> Amp
Mixer --> Plug

Amp --> Mixer
Amp --> Speakers
Amp --> Power

...Not that technically aware, so if anyone has any idea what I might be doing wrong (It may be down to settings within vdj, even), it'd be much appreciated if anyone could point it out =]

Inviato Sun 27 Nov 11 @ 2:52 pm
I have 2 x EKS too and had major issues getting my laptop to see there were more than 1 of them.

Basically when i turn on the software and the controllers and set one orange/one green.

Then how i do it is run the sound for both channels out of one of the Otus's into the mixer. In your settings make sure you have advanced config then select Otus/Channel 1/Output 1&2 and Otus/Channel 2/Output 3&4.

I also do this with Traktor and it works perfect. Contact me for any more help x

Inviato Mon 28 Nov 11 @ 3:59 pm
Hey, and thanks for replying :)

I've tried doing what you suggested, but still seem to be having issues :/ Where in Advanced config i've been setting:

Deck 1 --> output 1 & 2 and
Deck 2 --> output 3 & 4

I don't seem to be getting any audio from deck 2. It seems that vdj assumes one otus is output 1 and the other otus is channel 2, therefore being the reason I can't crossfade.

Any thoughts? I'd really like to get this all working. Had it a few months and been trying to no avail.

Thanks

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 4:22 am
Have you tried all 4 outputs you have on your Otus's??

Oh wait..... just realised what i do.

> PLUG IN ONLY 1 OF YOUR EKS OTUS CONTROLLERS AND SET IT UP AS NORMAL - DOES THIS WORK?
> THEN PLUG IN THE SECOND CONTROLLER, CHANGE IT TO GREEN AND EVERYTHING SHOULD WORK......

??

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 12:09 pm
Yeah, plugging one in works fine - I can switch between green and red on the one deck and control two within vdj. This is not the problem; it's that the mixer doesn't work with it. Both green and red go through one channel on the mixer.

eg. Say I have one song playing on red channel and one song playing on green, my mixer will just have channel 2 showing sound although both tracks will still play through the speakers.

I want to overcome this so that I can use the mixers crossfader rather than the inbuilt otus one.

---

In response to the other suggestion of trying all 4 decks, a similar problem occurs. I'm still left with two turntables controlling two channels going through one on the mixer, although:

Changing each turntable from red/green channel doesn't seem to make any difference. Deck 1 will only control deck 1 in vdj and deck 2 only controls deck 2 in vdj, not deck 3 and 4 respectively as it should.

I'm really quite struggling with this. Appreciate the help offered. Is there any chance you could add me on skype? Might be easier to show you since it might be down to the wiring

ben_xth@hotmail.com. If not, no problem :)

Thanks

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 1:03 pm
Just tried adding you on Facebook to try and help whilst i'm watching the footie!

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 2:14 pm
mon31LE userMember since 2008
ilovebox wrote :
Yeah, plugging one in works fine - I can switch between green and red on the one deck and control two within vdj. This is not the problem; it's that the mixer doesn't work with it. Both green and red go through one channel on the mixer.

eg. Say I have one song playing on red channel and one song playing on green, my mixer will just have channel 2 showing sound although both tracks will still play through the speakers.

I want to overcome this so that I can use the mixers crossfader rather than the inbuilt otus one.

---

In response to the other suggestion of trying all 4 decks, a similar problem occurs. I'm still left with two turntables controlling two channels going through one on the mixer, although:

Changing each turntable from red/green channel doesn't seem to make any difference. Deck 1 will only control deck 1 in vdj and deck 2 only controls deck 2 in vdj, not deck 3 and 4 respectively as it should.

I'm really quite struggling with this. Appreciate the help offered. Is there any chance you could add me on skype? Might be easier to show you since it might be down to the wiring

ben_xth@hotmail.com. If not, no problem :)

Thanks

have you found a solution for this problem? I've got a friend that has a similar problem.

Inviato Sat 03 May 14 @ 3:28 am
As this Thread is about 2 1/2 year old i would think he get it fixed. We are now on version 7.4.1 so your friend should check for updated version of Virtual DJ and then open it's own, new thread about his problem.

Greets, Heiko

[closed]

Inviato Sat 03 May 14 @ 4:19 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)