Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: AMERICAN COUNTRY MUSIC TO DANCE BEATS???!!!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I know there have been club remixes of country music for cross-over purposes, but I specifically do remixes of radio versions. I use Virtual DJ Pro to make my remixes. Here is the link to my 1hr 20min mix of my new genre that I have created: CLUBCOUNTRY:http://soundcloud.com/dj-joe-flores/djjoefloresclubcountry

CHECK IT OUT, AND GIVE ME SOME RESPONSES! I love that this is world wide exposure...I also am aware that American Country music does not have mainstream acceptance(yet), but I hope to help change it!

Thank you everyone! Long Live Country Music!

Inviato Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 7:42 pm
definately not my cup o' tea, but If you have an audience go for it, but you should focus on creating the remixes in a production DAW so you can change the beat up and bring more tension to the mix using sweeps, as the flanger effect in vdj you used sounds pretty cheap, A DAW will give you a much cleaner result...

There was also a couple of times in the first two tracks (sorry, that's as far as I got) where the drummer was out of sync with your loop, and I could hear you pitch bending to get it back in time which sounds a little awkward, If you invest in Ableton, you can actually warp (stretch/squash) the track to a perfect beatgrid and lock dance the loop in time with the country track you are using.

Not sure how these artists put out their material, but if they offer both original version and instrumental, you coud use an editor like adobe audition to get an acapella from it, you could get their music tabs and use synths instead of guitar's and harmonica's etc.., that way later in the mix you could make a more dance focused tracks towards the end at the peak, if that is what you are after...

Again, not a country fan LOL, hopefuly WildCountryClub will comment, He will probably love it..

Good Luck

Inviato Fri 02 Dec 11 @ 5:23 am
no, sorry, didn't love it.

ambitious but falls short of what you're looking at doing, and some of it's been done already. there are already a lot of dance remixes of country tunes out there and even video remixes of them (lady antebellum, taylor swift, etc.). i can still remember dance remixes of country tunes back in the late 80's and early 90's that were released on the TM Century Gold Discs, but they never really caught on except for with the linedancers on TNN back in the bad old days of Club Dance and the old ladies in matching outfits linedancing to EVERY song.

production values need serious work, but Synth already covered most of that, and there really arent alot of country artists (especially the more traditional ones) who put out acapella's for remixing, so not much help there.

the other issue you will run into - and probably the biggest - country music people are seriously traditionalist. mess with their stuff and they turn their backs on you unless you do it in a way they can accept. garth brooks and shania twain both started treating country like rock and got away with it and that brought on a resurgence in the popularity of country music, but the "hick-hop" move of mixing country with rap pretty much fell flat on it's face even though there are still some that try to make it work to grab a bigger paycheck audience.

Inviato Fri 09 Dec 11 @ 4:59 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
"hick-hop"

that made me smile.. :)

Inviato Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 1:17 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)