Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Mixing Dubstep with Rap?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey all.
I've recently got into mixing quite heavily.
I mix Dubstep, but recently I wanted to start throwing a rap song in the middle of a mix to change it up and make the audience grind a little.
Does anyone have any tips on the best way to get a smooth transition from the Dubstep track to a different genre?

Inviato Fri 17 Feb 12 @ 3:01 am
play drum n bass or drumstep instead, drum n bass is made at around 180bpm, drumstep is made at around 90bpm, about 70ish% of gangsta rap/hip hop is made at around 90bpm, with not much exceeding 110bpm, but you could also mix in crunk with dubstep, a lot of it is made at around 70/140bpm so it will fit in perfectly.

The last option is get acapellas and stretch them in a daw, you can then set the pitch exactly where you need it and allow the daw to properly process the audio, which sounds 100% better than any dj software stretching algorthym. Then just save it as an mp3 or wav and use that to mix with.

Inviato Fri 17 Feb 12 @ 3:56 am
Drum n Bass is 180 BPM?!

That's three beats a second and incredibly fast...are you sure about that?

Inviato Wed 22 Feb 12 @ 9:38 am
i mix skrillex song when i am bored, they are all about 140-145bpm, it could be 130bpm too. since you can't beat match them then you might want to do something like lyrics to lyrics mix (like how you mix dance r&b), i ain't sure what does that call but you must monitor your song first in order to do that.

Inviato Mon 27 Feb 12 @ 10:11 pm
@phatcat yep I'm positive... whats half of 180? and drum n bass when you nod your head to it is half time.. The reason it's produced at 180bpm is so you can have lots of drum layers... crap like hardcore is the full 180bpm, to me that just sounds like noise...

Inviato Mon 27 Feb 12 @ 10:39 pm

Inviato Thu 29 Mar 12 @ 10:57 pm
Nah drum and bass is at 170/180 bpm, theres no half time feel. The snare is on every 2 and 4 at 180 bpm, if you felt it at 90 bpm, the snares would be on every offbeat.

Inviato Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 5:07 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)