Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: playing videos HD runs in slow motion.... mac OSX

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

My problem is that i have a Mac pro Xeon 2.4 Quadcore and when im playing videos up to 1080p it goes in slow motion. my OSX is LION 10.7.x. I need an answer while i spend so mucho money on this software and the forums have something for windows by setting up the hardware acceleration on the graphic card, but in my case mac osx does not let me do that. please i need support from you guys. ASAP!

Inviato Fri 27 Apr 12 @ 2:10 pm
discobavaro wrote :
I need an answer while i spend so mucho money on this software and the forums have something for windows by setting up the hardware acceleration on the graphic card, but in my case mac osx does not let me do that.

Which software are you talking about? If you are addressing this issue on VDJ i'm not sure you spend so much of money in VDJ your status show you are NLU if you are a VDJ PRO version user you can register you serial number and address your problems by having tickets address to VDJ teams or you may also ask help in the FORUMS. Just post the complete details of your hardware and the problems, some of the user here may have the same setup as yours they can help you to fixed your problem quickly. You can use the VDJ registry editor for mac to adjust and tweak your video memory usage but your status doesn't allow to do that. Please register and download the registry editor for mac in the VDJ download area.

Inviato Sun 29 Apr 12 @ 3:39 am
I had same prob with 1080p but found a solution I downloaded a video converting software u can still keep it as mp4 etc but this sorts the lagging out and puts the video in sync with the music it's a pain as u have to do every vid takes 2 mins each but only thing that worked for me

Inviato Tue 08 May 12 @ 6:52 am
what software was that?? i'd like to give it a try

Inviato Fri 11 May 12 @ 11:49 am
cesarcastillo wrote :
discobavaro wrote :
I need an answer while i spend so mucho money on this software and the forums have something for windows by setting up the hardware acceleration on the graphic card, but in my case mac osx does not let me do that.

Which software are you talking about? If you are addressing this issue on VDJ i'm not sure you spend so much of money in VDJ your status show you are NLU if you are a VDJ PRO version user you can register you serial number and address your problems by having tickets address to VDJ teams or you may also ask help in the FORUMS. Just post the complete details of your hardware and the problems, some of the user here may have the same setup as yours they can help you to fixed your problem quickly. You can use the VDJ registry editor for mac to adjust and tweak your video memory usage but your status doesn't allow to do that. Please register and download the registry editor for mac in the VDJ download area.

Cesar, do you have instructions, or a video on how to go about using the mac registry editor tool to stop pops/clicks, and CPU spiking when video mixing? how do i adjust & tweak out my video memory?

Inviato Fri 11 May 12 @ 12:07 pm
I have VDJ Pro Full 7.0 version.
What can i do?
i really need to solve that issue...
i need those steps to edit registry to fix that issue with the acceleration hardware on video card.

Inviato Tue 22 May 12 @ 10:32 am

Inviato Tue 22 May 12 @ 12:37 pm
This is my version, i just registered my license right now.
And this is the actual version that i have already installed on my iMac

iMac 21.5inch
2.5ghz Quadcore intel core i5
4GB 1333mhz DDR3 SDRAM 2x2GB
500GB Serial ATA Drive
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB GDDR5

with: VirtualDJ Pro // virtualdj_pro_v7.0.5.pkg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

the problem is that in windows version as i see, the solution is simple, just enabling acceleration hardware on the video settings in the VDJ, but in mac version in settings it doesn't show that option to be enabled.

please im asking for any solution...

Inviato Tue 22 May 12 @ 2:00 pm
Here my registry tool, what do i need to change to accelerate hardware my video card!

please i need to need this issue as soon as possible...

Inviato Wed 23 May 12 @ 5:55 pm
If your Mac has two video cards (One for performance, the other for extended battery life), please ensure that it is configured to use the higher performance card. Go to System Preferences -> Energy Saver and choosing Graphics: -> Higher Performance

Please also see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20Mac%20Performance%20Issues.html

Also try adjusting the latency in CONFIG -> Performances - If you are not a scratch DJ, then very low latency shouldn't really be necessary.

Please note that Mac has more limited video acceleration capabilities compared to Windows PC - Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Mac%20record%20video.html for an explanation why.

Inviato Thu 24 May 12 @ 7:44 am
Sorry guys, but your help doesn't solve my problem.

register tool mods, doesn't fix the slow motion when playing videos in 720P or 1080P.
i tryied fps change, and it persist my issue.

do i have to take this software to the trash and buy other one?

please give me a real solution.

what do you need to test or check... i'll give you whatever you need!
let's work together guys!

Inviato Mon 23 Jul 12 @ 2:54 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
I only noticed that while using 1080p vids.

720p vids run fine here on my side.

As far as i know there is no solution for this, then the steps from above.

Inviato Tue 24 Jul 12 @ 6:30 am
discobavaro wrote :
Sorry guys, but your help doesn't solve my problem.

register tool mods, doesn't fix the slow motion when playing videos in 720P or 1080P.
i tryied fps change, and it persist my issue.

do i have to take this software to the trash and buy other one?

please give me a real solution.

what do you need to test or check... i'll give you whatever you need!
let's work together guys!

Your issue is not the VDJ itself but it could be a video format compatibility or VRAM issues in MAC and sorry to say that MAC doesn't allow to tweak the allocation of these settings not like windows you can easily adjust the necessary setting according to what you need... you have to change or rip/record your video again to SD format in order for you to avoid problems some solution is already mention above by vincewrd because of some HD's recording/broadcasting tools could record a very high frame rates per seconds. This is how it works in some HD video it is usually recorded and used in some live broadcast playback using graphics media servers with high speed data files transfer that can migrate the files to play up to 6GB per second specially on the uncompressed recording sometimes conversion is done by doing some step down process by using AVID and Apple ProRes or Apple Quicktime Conversion but still those conversion are still not possible to play on all PC & Mac Laptop because of the refresh rate and high speed data managements some tools used to record HD files are ATEM Capture Card, Panasonic, Canon & Sony Media Capture using high speed data storage like P2, SXS, QCards, Kingstone HyperX SSD and many others. Some Laptops who uses SSD hard Drives are less prone to these problems.

Now in order for you to TEST do this simple Trials not in VDJ:
1. Open you HD video and play it in you PC/MAC laptop using media player or quicktime in a full screen mode that cover all spaces of your screen. You will notice that the video plays in a steps modes like someone is pressing the play button in a milliseconds and release it a milliseconds so and so. In other other words it is Freezing. If it plays well without freezing means your PC/MAC laptop is capable of handling and playing the video without using a second party media player like VDJ or someone else that uses its own video process aside from your PC/MAC.

2. Try to observe the characteristic of the your player if it does pause or freezing the video if happens even once in the middle, end or even in the beginning of your video it means that your PC/MAC laptop is not capable of handling the video that you want to play.

3. Try to play the video in your PC/MAC laptop using media player or quicktime in a small screen mode like a quarter of your total screen size and observe how does it plays. If it plays well without freezing means it is the refresh rates problems and your video files was recorded in High speed recording process like what i mentioned above. Mostly these files are very good to play directly on to the TV using VTR/DVD/CD player.

aftashok1200 wrote :
Cesar, do you have instructions, or a video on how to go about using the mac registry editor tool to stop pops/clicks, and CPU spiking when video mixing? how do i adjust & tweak out my video memory?

Apple have files that contain the same sort of information that the windows registry does but i don't advice you to do this in your own if you don't have enough knowledge on Mac as it could result your Mac not to work.

They are .plist files.
/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences - Prefs unique to your login -it is like HKEY_CURRENT_USER in windows.
/Library/Preferences - Global prefs - it is like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in windows.

You can try to change the VDJ memory by using VDJ registry editor for MAC to change this settings below:
( InMemoryLen = 999999 ) be sure to save your original settings to a notepad. Just in case you need to revert back.

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 3:41 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I also have problems with this. If I download 1080p video from YouTube, for instance, VirtualDJ plays it in slow motion, and it jerks forward to try and catch up once in a while. Lower quality video plays better, but even 720p is a bit jerky and you see it tearing on the TVs all the time.

I see similar things in Windows as well, but it's not nearly as bad. Unfortunately for me, I can't use Windows because my audio interface just can't seem to be made to work reliably in that OS.

I have an Early 2011 MacBook Pro with a 2GHz Core i7, 8GB of RAM, and a Radeon HD 6490M 256 MB. Clearly a machine that is more than capable of playing 1080p video acceptably. I can, of course play video in other software and it's fine. VirtualDJ seems to have some major issues with video playback, however. Is it even using any video acceleration at all?

Inviato Sun 19 Aug 12 @ 5:38 pm
Hi im trying to solve this problem reencoding in MAC to a new file. the files change the extension to .mov. good quality and VDJ is working fine.
I have a Macbook Pro 15 mid 2010, i5 2.53ghz, 8GB RAM, intel HD4000+nVidia GT330M 256MB.

Inviato Wed 26 Jun 13 @ 10:22 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)