Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: New User Tips?Chop N Screw

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey yall im new to this dj stuff and the reason i got virtual dj was to keep DJ Screw's legacy alive(R.I.P.). Ive been playin around with this thing for about half a month and ive learned to chop some songs with flippin doubles but it dont work on every song. I dont really know how to use the crossfader cuz when i load the same song on two decks and make deck b start a little before i play deck a and when i bring the crossfader to deck a to try to chop it and i bring it back to deck b some of the song is missin yall know what i mean? So some cool tips for virtual dj and for Choppin N Screwin would really be helpful.
P.S. i know how to slow down the pitch..oh and is there a way to turn the vocals all the way down to make it a instrumenatl?
Thanks yall

Inviato Sat 28 Jul 12 @ 10:21 am
you gotta sync and get everything at the same tempo, then you gotta slow it down till it sounds right you will know what i mean! then line up the songs and start using the crossfader flippin doubles sux for that!

Inviato Sun 19 Aug 12 @ 6:20 pm
H-town Boy wrote :
Hey yall im new to this dj stuff and the reason i got virtual dj was to keep DJ Screw's legacy alive(R.I.P.). Ive been playin around with this thing for about half a month and ive learned to chop some songs with flippin doubles but it dont work on every song. I dont really know how to use the crossfader cuz when i load the same song on two decks and make deck b start a little before i play deck a and when i bring the crossfader to deck a to try to chop it and i bring it back to deck b some of the song is missin yall know what i mean? So some cool tips for virtual dj and for Choppin N Screwin would really be helpful.
P.S. i know how to slow down the pitch..oh and is there a way to turn the vocals all the way down to make it a instrumenatl?
Thanks yall

wut it dew h town ,

if you wanna do the chop and screw your best bet is like you said..make sure the second song is approx 1/4 of a beat behind the first one .. you can do that by looking at the CBG ..the big and small squares on the waveform ..you can either slow down the pitch or you can do a combiantion of both slowing down the pitch and changing the key to a lower one and itll make it that much easier to chop and screw .if you have it almost 1/4 to 1/2 of a beat difference ..you will hear it ..thats when your headfones comes in handy slow or speed up the second song till it sounds right and look at the waveform till u see that at least one of the waveform is lined up ..inbox me if u need more assistance and ill be glad to help ..as for the vocals ..best bet is to download the acapella directly ..other ways is to INVERT the instrumental andplay it at the same time as the original song and both isntrumental will cancel out each other and all you are left with is acapella..

http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk/topic54420.html

p.s glad to see another screwstone fella like myself on here lol ..welcome to the fam

Inviato Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 1:05 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)