Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Changing the Channel Fader Curve (not the crossfader)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Is there a way to adjust the channel fader curve from the standard linear gain to more of a curved exponential gain? (Similar to the CH FADER switch on Pioneer DJM series mixers)

Inviato Wed 26 Sep 12 @ 5:45 pm
Hi, the short answer is no, but I did work out a trick using the 'param_multiply' mapping code to change the curve to make the top part of the fader more sensitive. I can post what I worked out if you like.

Inviato Thu 27 Sep 12 @ 4:55 am
Andy, that would be great. Please do so. That's pretty much the idea behind why I want to change it.

Inviato Thu 27 Sep 12 @ 6:10 pm
I attempted to create my own volume table, but I don't think I got the syntax correct. This is what I was working with:

param_equal 50% ? volume 3.13% : nothing :
param_equal 51% ? volume 3.45% : nothing :
param_equal 52% ? volume 3.80% : nothing :
param_equal 53% ? volume 4.18% : nothing :
param_equal 54% ? volume 4.59% : nothing :
param_equal 55% ? volume 5.03% : nothing :

etc... starting with 0% and going to 100% (above only shows 50%-55%)

Anyway, I wasn't sure this would work even if I did write the script correctly, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I based the numbers off of a y=x^5 graph I created in Excel. This is close to the natural logarithmic dB curve that the human ear responds to.

Inviato Fri 28 Sep 12 @ 3:09 am
Brilliant, that's better than the solution I came up with! Mine just had 2 slopes, that should work, but I might use param_lessthan (can't remember if that's the proper name for it ) if param equal doesn't work...

Inviato Fri 28 Sep 12 @ 5:06 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)