Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Latency and Sound Drops / Clicks / Sound Pops SOLVED !!!!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm not sure if this information can be found in other threads but I had searched and searched for about 8 months to rid my Laptop of this problem while using Virtual DJ. So here we go...

My Problem: When I would run Virtual DJ + CONTROLLER or NO CONTROLLER and DPC Latency Checker, I would see spikes of Yellow and Red that occurred in a cyclic fashion with bars of Green in between.

My Setup:

-Dell Inspiron 1545
-Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (With all current updates)
-Processor Dual Core T4400 @ 2.20 Ghz
-RAM 4 GB
-Virtual DJ PRO 7.2
-American Audio VMS 4.1 (latest firmware)

Modifications:

-System Properties set to "Adjust for Best Performance"
-Anti-Virus and Firewall program completely closed before starting Virtual DJ
-Device Manager: Disabled "DVD Drive", Disabled "Webcam", Disabled "Internal Sound Card", Disabled All "Network Adapters"
-Power Options Set to "High Performance"
-Game Booster 3 configured to close as many background services as possible.

MY SOLUTION:

Remove the Battery from the Laptop and Turn off "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" in the Device Manager.

I restarted my laptop and Green bars were the result while running Virtual DJ + Controller + Game Booster 3.
I still see the CPU cycling between 25-80% of Usage but the DPC Latency are all GREEN !!!!

Hope this helps. ----If I left any details/settings out that you're curious about please reply and let me know----

-J

Inviato Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 1:20 pm
This is most likely caused by bad drivers and/or BIOS.

ACPI battery and wireless network drivers are a common cause of latency issues - Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

It's possible that your computer manufacturer may have released updates that may fix this issue. Please check the manufacturer's website for any driver and/or BIOS updates.

Inviato Thu 18 Oct 12 @ 4:38 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)