Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video lag audio out of sync Mac & VDJ!!! - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I've never posted to this forum I think seeing as I've barely had any issues with VDJ. I am having a MAJOR issues with the video lag and audio out of sync. I have a 13" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.4ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4gb of ram and graphics Nvidia GeForce 320m 256MB and Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5. I have not been able to mix videos at all because of the lagging and out of sync issues. I've searched all over this forum for a solution and cannot seem to find anything at all. I've reedited ALL my videos to 720p and yet still I have the issue. Ive updated, reinstalled everything imaginable and the problem is still there. Now someone advised me to download PCDJ and my problem is solved. Well guess what... IT DID! Now how is it possible I can run the demo version of they're product and I can mix my videos at the highest resolution possible in my Mac with no type of issue, yet I PAID for VDJ and cannot use it for VDJ mixing because you claim the problem is the 13" Mac. May I state one more time, the highest resolution possible in the other product and it mixes, loops, scratches and backspins flawlessly in the same MAC that I cannot seem to make work with VDJ. Any help would be a great assistance and VERY much appreciated as I DO NOT want to use that other product. Thank you!

Inviato Tue 18 Dec 12 @ 3:00 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Are you sure your 13" MBP has the needed 256MB of DEDICATED Videoram?
As far as i know the 13" MBP only own shared memory, right?

At the moment you can use VDJ with max. 720p vids without a problem, if you use a computer with dedicated videoram.

BTW:You have bought Pro Full back in 2010 and till that we offered each update for free!

Inviato Wed 19 Dec 12 @ 3:41 am
I have the exact same computer as you do, I can tell you that on osx lion you're not going to be able to run video with your current setup. The lion os is a resource hog, mountain leopard was much better. Also the video card does have shared memory and with having 4gb of ram that doesn't help either. The good news..... you can bootcamp and run windows 7 upgrade to 8gb of ram and run video almost perfectly with effects and with no lag.

Every week, I play 4-5 hours of video on mine the cpu stays around 35% The only other thing I had to do was to run a program called lubbos fan control which runs the fans at higher rpms to keep it cool. I have been running video for 2.5 years with this setup

Upgrading ram and installing windows should cost you less than buying new software, & makes your mac more versitile. I have never tied pcdj I do have serato video and it barely runs on this setup as well, so this is not just a VDJ issue.

Hope this helps

Johnny

Inviato Wed 19 Dec 12 @ 7:11 am
@ videojohnnyrocks, thanks for the suggestion. I will try bootcamp with windows 7 and upgrade my memory and see how it runs.

As far as buying VDJ back in 2010 what does it matter I paid the FULL price, I think I should be able the receive your updates seeing as your ALWAYS updating and can't maintain a stable release for more that a yr and I REALLY don't see how the hell that has ANYTHING to do with the issue I'm having. I've noticed every time someone posts a question about the lagging and out of sync or whatever problem they have the FIRST answer you people give is "REGISTER YOUR COPY" so now you come and say BTW you've had free upgrades" R u serious!!! That pisses me off and just makes me wish I hadn't bought the product if your gonna come at me like that and this has been the one time I've had a problem with VDJ. A simple solution or a work around like videojohnnyrock would've been FINE!

Inviato Thu 20 Dec 12 @ 1:13 pm
Sexylips, if you need any help or suggestions just ask I have had really good luck running with bootcamp

Inviato Thu 20 Dec 12 @ 9:15 pm

Inviato Fri 21 Dec 12 @ 6:02 am
I gotta agree with this posting.
I went out and dropped coin ($700.00) on a Macbook Pro 13" with 256MB of Vram with 8GB of memory, OSX 10.6.8 (thinking this would be more than enough) using Virtual DJ Pro 7.3 with my VMS4.1 and when mixing and using HD 720p videos they are out-of-sync!!
The video and song do not play together! Furthermore, when playing just regular (non-HD) music videos mixing one video into the next i get pops, clicks and small pauses during the mixing of the 2 videos, not only that but the CPU spikes into the red, and thats without using any effects.
I too have been told to ditch Virtual DJ and to try another software like Arkaos Grand VJ or PCDJ, but like sexylips said, i shoudnt have to!!!
i love Virtual DJ and paid for the upgrade to PRO, this software should mix videos without these problems...i have been using Virtual DJ since 6.1.1, waiting very patiently, downloading and using the updates only to be let down time and again.
The only reason i have not ditched virtual dj is because i dont have many VJ gigs, but when i did do VJ events, the software would crash on me too, at least once, at some gigs and zero crashes at other events, i gotta tell you it sucks when your mixing videos and in the back of your mind you are just waiting and wondering if this mix will be the one to crash the system...

BTW i did actually bootcamp my mac, and it did work well, but i love recording my video mixes and found no way to do so in the bootcamped version of windows using FRAPS, so i scrapped the project and just reverted back to mac OSX.

very sad, but if version 8 does not take care of these issues i will be juimping ship for PCDJ or Grand VJ >:(

sexylips wrote :
I've never posted to this forum I think seeing as I've barely had any issues with VDJ. I am having a MAJOR issues with the video lag and audio out of sync. I have a 13" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.4ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4gb of ram and graphics Nvidia GeForce 320m 256MB and Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5. I have not been able to mix videos at all because of the lagging and out of sync issues. I've searched all over this forum for a solution and cannot seem to find anything at all. I've reedited ALL my videos to 720p and yet still I have the issue. Ive updated, reinstalled everything imaginable and the problem is still there. Now someone advised me to download PCDJ and my problem is solved. Well guess what... IT DID! Now how is it possible I can run the demo version of they're product and I can mix my videos at the highest resolution possible in my Mac with no type of issue, yet I PAID for VDJ and cannot use it for VDJ mixing because you claim the problem is the 13" Mac. May I state one more time, the highest resolution possible in the other product and it mixes, loops, scratches and backspins flawlessly in the same MAC that I cannot seem to make work with VDJ. Any help would be a great assistance and VERY much appreciated as I DO NOT want to use that other product. Thank you!

Inviato Fri 21 Dec 12 @ 5:27 pm
Aftashok, the 13" MacBook pro has 256 shared memory That means yes you have a video card but it shares the memory Virtual Dj says in its requirements a dedicated video card. For whatever reason on the windows side it works but on the Mac side you either need a dedicated card or a newer MacBook with the core i5 which has much more power than the duo core. You really can't blame vdj if you don't have the requirements

Inviato Fri 21 Dec 12 @ 6:52 pm
I have MBP 2.2ghz Intel Core i7 and 8g ram and I having this same problem with some videos. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Inviato Tue 25 Dec 12 @ 10:21 pm
hmmmmm....

allianceentdj wrote :
I have MBP 2.2ghz Intel Core i7 and 8g ram and I having this same problem with some videos. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Inviato Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 3:35 pm
I am having similar issues.

I am running MacBook Pro OS X, Version 10.8, Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3.

I am able to play MPEG-4 videos perfectly on iTunes & Serato using VGA to multiple TV screens but on Virtual DJ Pro 7 Full the picture is slightly pixelated / glitchy.

HELP???

Inviato Thu 27 Dec 12 @ 4:03 pm
I don't own a 15" macbook pro, but you might check to see if you have enabled your video card in the energy savings setting. To save battery the mac uses the built in video instead of the amd video card. I think you have to change it to performance.

Inviato Fri 28 Dec 12 @ 7:50 am
Thank you for your response!

Unfortunately in the new version of Mac OS it's not in the energy saving settings.

Still looking for a solution, help please!

Inviato Fri 28 Dec 12 @ 11:30 am
I have a mb 13 inch 2.4 ghz and I found that not using the video mixing skin and just running a regular mp3 skin cuts down on my lag tremendously. The same things have happened to me. Hope this helps

Inviato Sat 02 Feb 13 @ 1:51 am
Haui70 wrote :
The solution is simple :-)
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html

Quote :
Mac System Requirements
Additional requirements for Video mixing:
ATI™ or NVIDIA® video chipset w/256MB of Dedicated DDR3 RAM
Video must support dual-screen output

Haui70 wrote :

At the moment you can use VDJ with max. 720p vids without a problem, if you use a computer with dedicated videoram!

Inviato Sat 02 Feb 13 @ 4:54 am
well i used to play videos in vdj 7.3 in my MBP 13" 256mb video memory with no problems, now that i upgraded my MBPRO to lion, vdj it doesn't even recognize all my video files.... what could be the problem? the codecs seems fine... i got mp4 and flv mostly, and they are assigned to internal video so... why it doesn't show in my vdj no more? any help will be appreciated... thank you

Inviato Mon 11 Feb 13 @ 10:16 am
GSFonzyPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Crap!!!, so I got this Mac Pro 15" for nothing. I'm having more issues with the Mac than my PC. WTF! I got it cus it has 256mb designated video memory not like the 128 on the PC. Specs on the Mac are osx 10.7.5 intel 2.3 ghz, 4gb ram and 256mb ATI video card. That should be plenty right? My PC is windows 7 home, AMD 2.1 ghz 4gb ram and 128mb ATi video card. Using my lPC live was playing with fire cus my CPU usage would always spike when mixing videos, but it worked. However, the Mac stays in red all the time and just crakcs and pops all the time.

Inviato Sat 09 Mar 13 @ 7:46 pm
Crackling and pops are most the time soundcard related and so it would be nice to know your hole setup.
Soundcard, ext. mixer or do you use a midi controller too.

Have you enabled on Mac side the option to use always the higher class videocard?

Inviato Mon 11 Mar 13 @ 8:48 am

Inviato Mon 11 Mar 13 @ 8:51 am
GSFonzyPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Haui70 wrote :
Crackling and pops are most the time soundcard related and so it would be nice to know your hole setup.
Soundcard, ext. mixer or do you use a midi controller too.

Have you enabled on Mac side the option to use always the higher class videocard?

The video lag and sound issues are w/o any sound card, its straight playing of the laptop. As soon as I close the video window then it plays better but the CPU bar usage is still at half or so.I just downloaded serato and it works perfect with video SL. What the hell? I'll try the suggestions on here and bootcamp to try and sort this out but I'm very close to just saying screw it and using SERATO!

Inviato Tue 12 Mar 13 @ 12:30 am
69%