Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Laptop Minimum Spec required for effective running ?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

BillbwePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi, Can anyone please assist me. I want to know the minmum spec and best spec required for a laptop to run VirtualDJ in both music and karaoke mode ?. I want to run multipal monitors from this set-up.

Thanks in advance.

Inviato Wed 30 Jan 13 @ 1:51 pm

Inviato Wed 30 Jan 13 @ 4:40 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Karaoke will run with lower system requirements then video.
By multiple monitors, do you mean the laptop display and a second display for lyrics, or do you want more then that?
If, more, are you thinking just feeding a splitter and having the same output on multiple?
I have a laptop that I got at Wal-Mart (needed a PC right away as mine cracked a mother board in transport)
Toshiba Satellite C855 Pentium B970 2.3Ghz(x2) 4GB RAM, 600GB HDD, Win 7 64bit
My backup is a Toshiba Satellite P4 3.0Ghz, 1G RAM, XP Pro
These both run karaoke just fine. They also have no issues with my mixtrack pro.
The newer Toshiba can run video without issues.

Also, make sure the graphics chipset you are looking at will work okay.

Inviato Wed 30 Jan 13 @ 7:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For Video/Karaoke mixing, it is recommended to have a video card with dedicated video memory (NVidia or ATI) with at least 512 MB (1Gb should work flawlessly) . Avoid IntelHD Graphics Cards

Inviato Thu 31 Jan 13 @ 10:34 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djdad wrote :
For Video/Karaoke mixing, it is recommended to have a video card with dedicated video memory (NVidia or ATI) with at least 512 MB (1Gb should work flawlessly) . Avoid IntelHD Graphics Cards

Are the Intel cards hit or miss? I have an Intel that works just fine. Maybe I am not pushing it hard enough to notice any issues.

Inviato Thu 31 Jan 13 @ 6:13 pm
I've got an Asus Laptop... Win 7, 8GB RAM, i7 processor 2.8GHz

But the system has an Intel Video Card. Is this why my karaoke lyrics might not be displaying perfectly?

(Background: What's happening is that the timing device doesn't reliably and smoothly keep up with where the singer should be when singing the song. This is causing confusion and frustration for some of my singers. Any way to fix or improve this? A graphics setting?)

Help is appreciated!

Matt

Inviato Wed 04 Dec 13 @ 12:57 pm
Is this just on your external display screen(s)? I.e: The preview screens on your laptop (Video tab of the default skin) updates correctly in time?

If so, then this is may be caused by external processing by TV's/projectors that you are using or latency caused by cable length and/or video distribution systems. You can compensate for this using the video delay option in CONFIG -> Video

Inviato Wed 04 Dec 13 @ 1:40 pm
Actually it appears on the preview window as well as my external... and this is with a short 6' VGA cable (not the 100' I typically use when doing events). I will investigate the video delay option, however. Thanks for the tip!

Matt

Inviato Thu 05 Dec 13 @ 1:09 pm
Are you sure it's not an encoding problem with the files themselves?

Inviato Thu 05 Dec 13 @ 2:18 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)