Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DDJ-ERGO - Static in HI and MID for CUE

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey guys -

Just got my DDJ-ERGO in the mail today, used, ebay (like new-brand new, supposedly)

Help me decide if it's the ergo that's bad or just a latency issue?

Setup: Lenovo Thinkpad, Windows 8 Pro, 64 bit, 4GB RAM, Virtual DJ LE (unlocked currently to PRO), DDJ-ERGO

Virtual DJ Setup: Headphones plugged into front port of ERGO, master port 2 to my home stereo system.

My problem is that my cue has a light static buzz - it does not reflect in the master sound. I also narrowed it down to only buzzing in HI and MID - if I cut out HI and MID, only Low, no buzz.

I tried playing with the latency settings in my ASIO panel, nothing changed.

Does this sound like a bad ERGO? I read it may possibly be that the sound card in the ERGO is higher rate than my laptop, thus the static, but I wanted to get an experienced opinion. I may try to hook it up to my desktop in the meantime to see if it persists.

EDIT - just tried it with my desktop, the headphones no longer buzz. I guess it's the difference between the laptop onboard and ERGO onboard sound card. Relief that it's not bad!! Sad I have to deal with a buzz. Mods/Admin can delete this post, sorry for not testing first.

Inviato Fri 22 Mar 13 @ 8:43 pm

Inviato Fri 22 Mar 13 @ 11:34 pm
I'm going to try this today and update with results, if you don't mind. I'll try unplugging the power pack and see it remains.

Inviato Sat 23 Mar 13 @ 10:15 am
So far there is nothing consistent about the issue. It didn't do it all day Saturday, until I rebooted my laptop, then it started again. I tried unplugging the power cable, it changed nothing. It's not the headphones, I tried two pair.

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 13 @ 10:52 pm
it could also be that the ERGO is not getting enough power from the LAPTOP's USB ports.

Inviato Tue 26 Mar 13 @ 12:56 pm
Hi I'm facing the same problem how could I give the ergo its own power supply I have seen the new cables that link the ergo to iPad and they have a dual cable with charge input could this be a way to avoid this ?

Inviato Sat 06 Jul 13 @ 2:01 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)