Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hearing both the left and right decks in my headphones

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

As a brand new aspiring DJ, I bought the Vestax Typhoon that came with virtual DJ. I have been trying to watch YouTube videos to get myself acquainted with everything but I came across an issue. On this video I watched, the DJ was able to press both headphone buttons on the Typhoon so he could hear both decks at the same time. However, I cannot do that. Either the left headphone button lights up blue, or the right, but never both. I've tried every combination of button pressing possible to make it work but it does not. I have to assume it is some sort of configuration issue that a newbie like myself doesn't know, but any help would be great! I'm just trying to mix at a real basic level first and I want to be able to hear it through my headphones before I move on to hearing from my headphones and the speaker. Hope this makes sense!

Inviato Mon 10 Jun 13 @ 4:01 pm
This is not possible in VirtualDJ LE, which is free limited software.

2 deck controllers are mapped to select one deck or the other. Selecting both at the same time is not necessary with only 2 decks because you can simply set the headphone mix knob to the middle to be able to hear both at the same time at equal level. If the controller doesn't have a physical headphone mix knob then the skin in most cases should do.

If you upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Pro at a discount then you can optionally change the mapping of the headphone button to pfl - You can also do this during the 20 day trial of the full VirtualDJ Pro, but the mapping will revert once your trial is over.

The video that you watched is not the standard default behaviour. Most likely the DJ who made it has the full VirtualDJ Pro and customised the mapping.

Inviato Mon 10 Jun 13 @ 4:45 pm
Makes sense since he claimed to be a professional DJ. Thanks.

Inviato Sat 15 Jun 13 @ 8:43 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)