Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Looking for a budget laptop for DJing with Mixtrack Pro

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

BlankahHome userMember since 2012
Hello,

I'm trying to find a budget laptop (second hand and preferably under £160), but I'm having difficulties. I (and some friends) think that the stated system requirements here...

RECOMENDED system requirements:
Intel® Core™ 2 or AMD Athlon™ X2
Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional (or newer)
1280x1024 resolution (or higher)
Multi-channel DirectX compatible soundcard
1024MB RAM
200MB free on the hard drive

..are quite vague.

I've found this laptop http://compreviews.about.com/od/budgetnote/gr/Aspire57356694.htm

But my friends don't think that it will run it well.

Any feedback on which laptop to buy, or if you have any more accurate system reqs, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Milo

Inviato Tue 11 Jun 13 @ 11:50 am
If you look at the minimum system requirements for the Mixtrack Pro, you'll see that it states a 2GHz CPU - so that's right on the edge of the minimum required to run the Mixtrack Pro. The screen resolution looks too low for VDJ requirements too.

Also, the laptop you linked to is from 2009 - so specs of course will be lower than anything that's around today, even cheap ones.

You really should be buying a spec that's HIGHER than what you require right now, because you don't want it to be straining the moment you start it up, and you should allow for the possibility that you will upgrade either the controller or the software at some point, so the PC will need to cope with the likely increase in requirements for that.

Basically don't buy the cheapest, lowest spec PC out there, because you'll regret it sooner rather than later.

Inviato Tue 11 Jun 13 @ 12:09 pm
BlankahHome userMember since 2012
Ok, thank you! I've been considering this, and I'm gonna upper my budget and try and find something a bit more up to date. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated too :)

Inviato Tue 11 Jun 13 @ 1:03 pm
I am running a mixtrack pro , with a Lenovo core i3 , 4gb , 650g hd, windows 8 64 bit , it all runs fine , I only mix audio not video, but do use karaoke and firetext and a visualizer it was £329 inc vat , seems well built.

couple of tips with win8 , remove the touch pad driver and install the stock synopsis one so you can turn off gestures and install classic shell to get your start button back.

still tend to take a mouse with me, I find it better than any touch pad

regards

Inviato Wed 12 Jun 13 @ 3:52 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)