Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How do I completely mute the jogwheel / disable scratch / etc.?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ERV2345Home userMember since 2013
I don't want there to be any noise when I touch the jog wheel, drag the readout, jog the track in any way, spin backwards or forwards, etc. I don't want to ever hear the scratch noise. I know the enabling "SmartScratch" will mute backspin noise, but I want to mute forward-spin noise as well. Is there a way to do this? Is there a way to do it without using plug-ins? I'm not able to download plug-ins, skins, etc.

Inviato Fri 14 Jun 13 @ 9:38 am
Put the jogwheel into CD mode and it will pitch bend instead. Press the VINYL or SCRATCH button if the controller has one (If not, this may be on the skin instead.)

Make sure that keylock is also turned on (Depending on the version of VirtualDJ, this will avoid the audible pitch bend sound.)

Inviato Fri 14 Jun 13 @ 9:42 am
I enabled CD mode in the preferences, but I didn't notice any difference - jogging forward still produces the same noise. I have KeyLock and SmartScratch enabled. I don't have a controller, just the Virtual DJ skin. I don't see a 'vinyl' or 'scratch' button. There's a scratch panel, along with a mixer panel, but there's nothing on there that seems to help.

Inviato Fri 14 Jun 13 @ 10:16 am
Sorry, it's not possible to do this for jogwheels on the default skin.

The simplest option would be to use a custom skin that doesn't have jogwheels (You will need to be a registered licensed user who has purchased VirtualDJ to be able to download custom skins.)

Or you could edit the default skin to remove the joghweel's <scratch> zone.

Inviato Fri 14 Jun 13 @ 11:26 am
ERV2345 wrote :
Is there a way to do this?

Yes - don't touch the jog wheel!

I'm curious. You seem to want to be able to use the jog wheel, but not hear the sound of you doing it. Can I ask why? Seems a bit of a bizarre request, as that's the normal behaviour of a jog wheel.

Inviato Fri 14 Jun 13 @ 11:57 am
I don't touch the jog wheel, but I want to be able to jog backwards and forwards without a loud screeching sound. I usually drag the readout thing. I'm trying to mix songs together. Jogging helps with this.

Inviato Fri 14 Jun 13 @ 6:45 pm

Inviato Fri 14 Jun 13 @ 7:11 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
don't you have a volume slider or a crossfader?

Inviato Mon 17 Jun 13 @ 6:45 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)