Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: iRemote "samplerpad" skin
I\'m starting to put together a skin for iRemote (on iPad) to drive the sampler.

My basic goal is to have a bank of 12 samples so I can easily play out "jingles" while I mix on my VMS 4.1.

Ideally I'd like to stretch this a little further so I could potentially record a series of very short samples to play as "notes" (a little like you could on a Launchpad with Ableton, etc etc). I\'m not sure whether it\'s going to be responsive enough to do this (I find that it doesn't always acknowledge my screen presses but that might just be my iPad or a dirty screen).

Anyway, I've mapped out the basic concept in the attached screenshot.

My next steps are to...

1) make the buttons a little prettier
2) add a volume control (which will adjust all samples simultaneously - it's too much clutter to add one volume control per effect)
3) add a lock button which prevents accident key presses of the record button
4) probably replace the "play" labels with the name of the sample (and remove the white sample name bar) to make the layout cleaner
5) and finally... actually code the XML file to drive this
and possibly also...
6) add multiple pages of samples
7) merge this into one of the 4 deck skins as a separate page

Meanwhile if anyone thinks this might be useful and have any ideas on how to make the concept better please add a comment below!

Inviato Wed 10 Jul 13 @ 1:52 pm
No feedback, huh? I guess not much demand for this? ;-)

The skin's pretty much designed now. I've also added a second page with 20 hot cues - it'll save me buying a Midi Fighter or a Launchpad for live remixes ;-)

Need to finish wiring up the XML when I have time to finish it off and then I'll submit it for the skins library.

Sampler page:

Hot Cues page:

(blue = no cue set, orange = cue set, green = cue pressed)

Inviato Fri 19 Jul 13 @ 3:55 am
if you want to add more samples you can hard code it to load a sample and play it at the same time, it's doing things the hard way but it can be done eg.

sampler 1 load "C://filepath/to/sample.vdj" & sampler 1 play_pause

The problem is that it would be static and you would need to reopen the skin to change the samples

Inviato Fri 19 Jul 13 @ 4:07 am
psyphaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
synthet1c wrote :
if you want to add more samples you can hard code it to load a sample and play it at the same time, it's doing things the hard way but it can be done eg.

sampler 1 load "C://filepath/to/sample.vdj" & sampler 1 play_pause

The problem is that it would be static and you would need to reopen the skin to change the samples

There is a good base to start from here.
I'm going to look into expanding the 12 pads to 16, as I have an AKAI MPD232 and would like a visual representation of the full 16 samples in a bank. As there are two of us performing in a set together, with synths and sound modules, it is useful to have an ipad showing the current sample bank and samples (the bank is selectable from a knob on the AKAI, and so will probably add an element that displays the bank name also.

Good work though

Moderator, your replying to a 8 year old thread

Inviato Sun 29 Aug 21 @ 1:21 pm