Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How can I set up pre mix listen in my headphones?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi all,

I want to set my headphones up so that I can hear a mix I am attempting in the headphones alone, without having it go to the Front of House.

So whilst a track is playing, I want to be able to hear the mix I am attempting, in the headphones alone, being able to fade across to both tracks in the headphones, without affecting the front of house mix.
Once I am happy with the mix, I want to be able to then carry out this exact mix I just practiced, but this time through the front of house.

Is there a way of doing this, and if so, do I need a particular skin which has an extra Pre mix fader option or something?

My set up is:

Macbook Pro
Motu Audio interface (Ultralite Mk3)

Mono output 1 to Front of house
Mono output to to headpohones

I have a gig this Sat and would love to be able to have this sorted asap so I can practise with it.

Many thanks

Inviato Thu 11 Jul 13 @ 11:24 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
You use this soundcard?
http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/ultralite-mk3

Not close to that type of soundcard, but normaly it should work that way when you didn't use a external mixer.

Input None
Output Headphone
Soundcard - 4Out ----> Beside select the ultralite-mk3

Now you have to conenct the soundcard output 1 ? (Should be the Master 1&2) with your speakers and on front side of the card your headphone (3&4)with headphone stack.

Load a track on left deck side and let it run. Linefader must be up at 100% and the crossfader in the middle position.
Now you should hear the track playing through your speakers!

Load a track on right deck side and let it run, but pull down the linefader to 0% and crossfader is still in the middle.
If you now adjust the Skin located Mix/Cue or Cue/mix knob, you should hear the left deck - right deck or both mixed inside your headphones. It depends on the position of that knob ;-)

The headphone volume can be set by using the knob on soundcard side.

Inviato Fri 12 Jul 13 @ 2:59 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)