Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer CDJ-1000 MK2, DJM-850-K. Help with timecode CD's?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So, I've been an Ableton DJ and producer for a pretty long time, I got two CDJ-1000 MK2's yesterday and I'm trying to make them work with timecode CD's. I got the pro quality and everything downloaded and burned, and I got deck 1 working with my left CDJ, but the insipid constant beep won't go away. I fade it out but keep the gain up to see if its just the signal it needs and the track stops until I turn it back up, resulting in a circular action; more noise again.

I can't get my second deck working, and I can't get rid of the timecode humming/constant beep.

I run:

MacBook Pro
Akai APC-40
Pioneer CDJ-1000 MKII (2)
Pioneer DJM-850-K
VirtualDJ Pro Full 7.4

All help is greatly appreciated, I am in a serious jam.

-Lance Dean / Blaqout
Relentik Records, Ltd.
ED Records, Inc.

Inviato Thu 18 Jul 13 @ 3:39 pm
You need to detail exactly how you've got things wired up, because it sounds as if you've not done it correctly.

What audio interface are you using? You've not mentioned one in your list...

You'll need one with at least two stereo inputs and two stereo outputs.

Inviato Thu 18 Jul 13 @ 5:20 pm
groovindj wrote :
You need to detail exactly how you've got things wired up, because it sounds as if you've not done it correctly.

What audio interface are you using? You've not mentioned one in your list...

You'll need one with at least two stereo inputs and two stereo outputs.

I honestly have absolutely no idea where to start. I'm a wiz when it comes to Ableton production and performances but when it comes to this I am totally clueless. I don't have one but my DJM-850 has a really good built-in sound card.

Man, I am totally lost.

Inviato Thu 18 Jul 13 @ 10:34 pm
TheDJBlaqout wrote :
my DJM-850 has a really good built-in sound card.

Ah, so it does. Mea culpa - I was looking for a USB connection on the back, and it's on the top!

And yes, the Pioneer web site states that the DJM-850 can be used with timecode.

Did you read the DJM-850 manual? The part with the info on setting the sound card for timecode?

Inviato Fri 19 Jul 13 @ 5:20 am
I can't for the life of me find my manual, I have the box and everything good because that's one of the few things I *didn't* buy used (come on, used has good deals you have to admit xD) but I can't find my manual to save my life.

The closest I got yesterday was to where both of the CDJ's controlled deck 1, but once it was playing I still had that insipit timecode-beep playing. When I faded it out, the track stopped. \=

Inviato Fri 19 Jul 13 @ 6:50 am
Come on man - use Google! You can download the manual from the Pioneer web site.

It tells you in there how to set the audio ins & outs.

You can also find reviews and YouTube videos that describe using the DJM-850 with timecode.

Inviato Fri 19 Jul 13 @ 7:52 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)