Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: ANY SONGS THAT SOUND AMAZING MIXED?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have made a few mixes that I was proud of, but then I couldn't find songs that were techno,dubstep, kind of like that to mix. I was hoping I could come here and see some peoples of opinions of songs that are good to mix! Check me out on soundcloud (yes, I am 12 years old! :D) DJ Purch
thanks guys!

Inviato Wed 31 Jul 13 @ 3:07 pm
Hi DJ Purch. Well I mix songs that have long drum intros, such as Hardwell's "Cobra". It just makes it easier to mix and keeps it simple. Also, the songs are amazing. Good luck!

Inviato Wed 31 Jul 13 @ 4:56 pm
Head over to http://virtualdjradio.com there are DJs from all over the world mixing all kinds of music, LIVE. Lots of good guys and gals there. You're sure to hear some tracks you would like to give a play.
Have fun,
Tim

Inviato Thu 01 Aug 13 @ 8:07 am
DjRatRHome userMember since 2010
Any two songs that are in a compatible or same key will generally sound great mixed. In VDJ, right-click the title bar in the song browser (where it says "Title", "Artist", "BPM", etc.) and enable the "Key Diff" display. Any song with a rating of 0 will generally sound good when mixed with the current song. This is called Harmonic Mixing.

Inviato Fri 02 Aug 13 @ 2:18 pm
This question pops up allot. And though logical in the mix lesson section, its good to get back to the basics that come before mixing.

Being a DJ is, in the first place, being a selector. Out of the countless tracks out there, you choose those ones that you feel are best suited for the moment. Wetter that's for yourself in the bedroom, a small party with friends, a huge party, a wedding, a podcast, you name it. At that moment you are in control, and you make that very important pick.

Its the decision you make at that time which primarily will be noticed and allows you to make a difference.

Mixing comes secondly, and yes. As described in the stickies in the forum. You look for tracks with a compatible key and BPM. But this is not limited to a few combinations that sound good. Basically anything can sound great if you choose wisely and think a bit about where you wanna take your mix energy and progression wise you have.

So to get back to your question... You need to find that answer for yourself, make it your personal selection and your personal statement. If all of us would be playing the same songs and same transitions we could just as well be all replaced by music computers.

Good luck!

Inviato Mon 05 Aug 13 @ 6:30 pm
Those are wise words, but you have to remember that this guy is only 12 years old.

When you're young, the songs you hear are mainly from within your own surroundings. Songs played by the other members of your family. They may not be into music at all! Then when you start school, you hear some other songs - maybe children's songs.

Giancarlo, almost any song can be mixed. If you can tap your foot to it (even when there's no drum beat) then it can be mixed. There any many genres of music out there, and you should try to find out about as many as you can. Don't restrict yourself to just techno, dubstep etc.

Inviato Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 2:06 am
groovindj wrote :
Those are wise words, but you have to remember that this guy is only 12 years old

I volunteer to give DJ workshops to the local youth, to inspire and get of the street. You'll be amazed to the stuff some 12 year olds come with :)

Inviato Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 2:16 am
Ah, but did they discover it themselves, or was it via their parents or siblings?

Inviato Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 2:25 am
themselves, they all have internet, friends they share with. And of course the family are likely to be an unconscious source of inspiration.

Inviato Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 2:34 am
I guess it really depends on the 12 year old...

At a recent 13th birthday party I played, the songs they wanted were all new - the latest chart hits. Certainly nothing from the 60s, 70s, 80s or 90s. not even early 2000s. I think the oldest song I played was 2008.

Inviato Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 3:10 am
groovindj wrote :
I guess it really depends on the 12 year old...

At a recent 13th birthday party I played, the songs they wanted were all new - the latest chart hits. Certainly nothing from the 60s, 70s, 80s or 90s. not even early 2000s. I think the oldest song I played was 2008.

I was a weird 12 yr old myself I guess.. in 1989 my favorite artists were Vangelis, Jarre and Mike Oldfield, preferably the 10 yr old albums, got hooked on that after buying this Synthesizer Greatest cassette tape. I spend time in the library listening to the records, copied tapes and vinyl from a classmate and even the sheet music and entered in a tracker on my Commodore 64. :P

Inviato Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 4:09 am
DJRobyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
2 songs that are easy to mix:

1)Funky Cold Medina - Tone Loc
2)Turn this Mutha Out - MC Hammer

First play the song Funky Cold Medina... just after he says "Funky cold medina" in the chorus there will be two beat drums. after those two beat drums then right away release the cue when he says Turn this Mutha Out...and let both songs play..make sure the BPM's match up.

I heard someone do this mix back in the day!

Inviato Thu 08 Aug 13 @ 1:50 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)