Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Best kbps Recording for MP3?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I don't record many sets often, but the last time I did I believe it was version 7.05. Not for sure but I do think it was prior to limiter versions. I recorded the same way yesterday but the playback sounded very static when I listened to the cd.

Recorded with volume all the way up, headroom level at 2, limiter on , and eq set to full. Kbps was set this time at 256 bit. Not sure if I had it set to that bit back in 7.05. I don't know if this recording was maxed out of volume or something but like I said the static was bad But not when
I was playing the music. There were no volume changes when I was recording the set. (this was all wav files)

Today I started recording in mp3 format. I recorded it at 192 kbps. I have not listened to cd on a loud system yet so not sure how it sounds. mp3 seems to be more versatile.

My question is what is youre favorite recording bit rate setting's? What seems to sound the best? I did some research on this but I thought it would be best to ask in the software forum I actually use.

Thanks

Inviato Sat 03 Aug 13 @ 1:08 am
I don't record my sets, but even if I did, I wouldn't record on the computer.

If I want to record something, I use hardware designed for recording, and connect it to the output of my mixer.

Look up "portable digital audio recorder" or "solid state audio recorder" and you'll find a huge number of professional options.

Inviato Sat 03 Aug 13 @ 6:46 am
I only record 15-20 min sets, just to listen when I'm driving or hanging with some friends.

Just strange that my first recordings sounded excellent but these last ones sounded a bit distorted.

I'll keep trying different settings next time I record something.

Inviato Sat 03 Aug 13 @ 1:58 pm
I would think the actual quality of your recorded set would be determined by what bit rate the songs in your set are. I don't actually notice a difference from 256 or 320 when recording, except the file sizes are supposedly larger.

Inviato Sun 04 Aug 13 @ 5:08 pm
Yes I'm suspecting it could be my laptop's cd drive. I have been having issues with it reading discs and such.

Inviato Sun 04 Aug 13 @ 9:11 pm
I haven't recorded any sets for around two years. I always recorded internally at 320kbps and recorded 5 hour sets when DJing in Ibiza each year.

I have the recordings on my iPod that I use linked to my mixer as a backup. ;-)

Inviato Mon 05 Aug 13 @ 3:51 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)