Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How good and stable is VDJ on a MacBook... And which MacBooks do people use...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I've been a user of VDJ now for ages and wouldn't use anything else... But the time has come to make the move to a MacBook away from windows... If read mixed options about how well it runs on the mac... Which a couple of years ago did out me off.... Before I go to the apple store and give it a good run, I'd just like to hear from other mac users, their moans, grips and successes too... What works and what doesn't... Basically i don't want to spend in excess of £1000 on a MacBook that won't run any better then my current windows8 laptop.. Which works ok.... Thanks.. Andy x

Inviato Sun 04 Aug 13 @ 3:10 pm
Most macbooks are stable. I have a mid 2010 macbook pro 13" but I don't consider this one reliable. There are random times virtual dj will crash on me, but luckily that has never happened live.

Let me tell you something, I have two decks (denon 3700s) with an external mixer, and the compatibility between these are horrendous! I have to restart my decks and mixer probably 5-10 times just to get the signals to not cross and work properly. The major downfall is this mac only has 2 usb ports. I would not recommend any macbook with core 2 duo and 4gbs of ram.

Inviato Sun 04 Aug 13 @ 4:22 pm
I used PCs for years with PCDJ products, Tractor and 5 1/2 years ago switched to VDJ.

In 2010 I bought a Macbook Pro 15" with 500gb internal drive and have never looked back. First thing I did was to Bootcamp it with Windows 7 32bit (as hardware was more compatible with 32bit at the time). I have VDJ installed on both the Mac side and the PC side. I DJ with the PC side as I have DJed with full video for 5 1/2 years and the PC version has more plugins for video. I consider the Mac side as a backup because all my videos/mp3s are on an external 1tb drive and I have a software utility on the Mac that allows reading and writing of Windows drives.

I've recently installed Windows 7 64bit and everything works beautifully. I tried Windows 8 last November, but, after a few crashes I returned to a Windows 7. I have found this setup as the most stable I have ever used. At first I though it would be a restriction only having 2 USB ports. My solution is my external hard drive and my MC6000 are plugged directly into the Mac. I use a cooling plate for the Mac to sit on that has 3 usb ports, I have an USB cable plugged direct into the mains and the cooling plate and then my PCtoTV convertor and iPod are connected into the other 2 ports on the cooling plate as they only require USB power.

I have to say that I have 2 computers for the price of one, Mac & PC. I use the Mac side for day to day business and I use the PC side for DJing and graphics work.

Cheers
djles

Inviato Mon 05 Aug 13 @ 4:38 am
Thanks guys for the thought... Unless anyone else has a better idea... I'll stick with windows then :-)

Inviato Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 9:05 am
after 16 yrs of pc i threw in the towel. i got a free mac one day (one that was old and beat up) and changed my mind regarding them. i now own 3 of them. never again will i go back to pc. esp after the new windows os.

Inviato Wed 07 Aug 13 @ 1:37 pm
It really is preference. Another thing I can add is VDJ offers more effects for pc users, which to some people is a make or break type of deal. It also depends on how much you want to spend. I won't ever spend $1,000+ on a computer because technology moves too fast, it gets outdated too quickly.

Inviato Thu 08 Aug 13 @ 2:14 pm
I think, as I only use my Djing laptop for that job, I'll stick with Microsoft.... Thanks guys... X

Inviato Thu 15 Aug 13 @ 11:19 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)