Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Another one.. Headphone que problems on N4! Please help! :)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ovehusLE userMember since 2013
Hi there guys!

Well, first off all.. I've read almost every topic i have found on this problem, and none of them is helping me out. So my only option was to make a new topic, so hopefully someone can help! :)

Here it goes:
I bought myself a n4 and connected it today. When the headphone que didn't work i searched the web and saw that many others have had that problem. But it seemed like many had solutions for this problem too, so i thought i would work it out. Well that didn't happen.
I have tried the N4 wiki setup, i've tried with asio, etc etc. Nothing works.

So now i use this setup:
Input: None
Output: Headphones
Soundcard: 4.1 Speakers: N4.

When i use this setup the master channel comes out trough the headphones, and the speakers is silent.
If i change speakers n4 to my standard driver, the sound comes out the speakers but not the headphones.

I'm using Windows 7.

Hope someone can help me out! ;) Cheers!

Inviato Fri 16 Aug 13 @ 7:27 am
The settings are given in the Setup With Virtual DJ LE PDF file on the Numark N4 web page.

I would imagine that the same file was supplied in the box with your N4.

Inviato Fri 16 Aug 13 @ 8:28 am
Well, i've tried the settings the technical support have told other users on this forum to use.. (And yes, i've tried following the setup file from the numark website. Didn't work either.)

This is what people tell me to do, but if i do this the sound comes out of the headphones no matter what. (And yes, i've tried all the different master settings, and pushed apply.)

But, this seems to work for me! But i have read at the forums that i shouldn't use my internal driver/speakers in my setup.

Any tips guys?

Cheers

Inviato Fri 16 Aug 13 @ 8:41 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The first picture (Sound Setup) should work fine. But this requires both Speakers and headphones to be connected to the N4.
If its not providing any output on headphones, then possibly you need to set the Sound card to Quadrophonic mode (4 speakers). Rightclick on the speaker icon on your taskbar, choose Playback devices->Configuration.

The second Sound setup will never work the way you would like. In theory,if the N4 is not the buillt in sound card of your computer, it will output master Output to the first stereo channel of your computer's sound card and headphones output to the Master Output (first Stereo Channel) of the N4 !!!

If you seek for a way to have Master Output through your computer's speakers and pre-listening through the N4, you need to follow this .. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20LE%20sound%20through%20computer%20speakers.html

Inviato Sun 18 Aug 13 @ 5:10 am
Djdad: Thanks for taking the time to help me! But it works now! :)

The first setup now works fine. I uninstalled all my other sounddrivers and disconnected my external soundcard and stuff. (I had alot of stuff connected to my computer. Midikeyboard, external soundcard etc) I don't know what fixed the problem, but i'm guessing there was some sort of conflict.

Again, thanks!

Cheers

Inviato Sun 18 Aug 13 @ 9:51 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)