Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Issues scanning VBR files VDJ7.4 Windows 8 + Video Issues

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I had to buy a new laptop because I was down to the spare when A USB port went on the main (that has now been repaired so now I have two spares and a new main).

When I first tested the new Windows 8 with VDJ 7.4 HP Envy M6 I5, 6GB ram, HD Raedon 2gb graphics it wouldn't play video out the box, they would just freeze, unfreeze, freeze again and the audio was out of sync with the video.

I had already optimised the laptop for DJing by turning off every bit of power saving, slow the CPU down, turn this and that off crap I could find and uninstalling all the bloatware.

I have the RegEdit tool installed and am aware of how to set the max video memory used, so I tried this and this didn't work.

Then I found that I had two different lots of video settings in Windows, one for the built in Intel HD4000 and one for the ATI Raedon card. In the HD4000 settings I set the power settings for best performance, but there was also a slider under the 3D settings which was on performance, so I set this to quality. I also found that I have to assign VDJ to the better graphics card in the multiple card settings, so I did this.

The other thing is I have a Intel HD4000 on board card and the ATI Raedon dedicated card, but VDJ only shows the HD4000 in the video settings. Although I have been told that I am actually using the ATI Raedon, it just gets routed via the HD4000. I have tried a suggestion that I read to dissable hardware acceleration then re enable which apparently then gives the second card option, however it doesnt.

Anyway after some testing at home played videos back to back I was getting an error saying that I needed X amount of memory to load the video but only had Y amount and it would need to be loaded on the fly, it didn't affect playback, but popped up regularly.

So I went into the RegEdit tool again and set the max video memory used to 128 (this is a 2gb card) and after a few hours testing it seemed to do the trick.

I mainly do weddings so have been reluctant to try this laptop out at a gig, so last night was a pub gig so it got it's first outing. This was playing audio, video and karaoke.

After about half hour I went to load a karaoke trackin deck B and all the video froze on both the laptop and screens, audio still continued and when I tried dropping new videos into the decks the frozen video remained, but audio was fine.

So I ended up switching back to one of my spare laptops.

Set it up today at home and have changed the HD4000 video settings in Windows to performance for 3D instead of quality, the video seems to look the same.

I have also adjusted the max video memory used to 1024 i.e. half the available and after plenty of testing seems OK.

However I have recently bought a batch of compilation albums from Amazon all VBR MP3. With my older laptops running VDJ 6 on XP sometimes VBR wont load as they are longer than the max load so need to be scanned for BPM up front.

So on the new laptop (Windows 8 VDJ 7.4) I put a load into a playlist and told it to batch analyse the BPM. After about 4 or 5 it came up with "fatal error in file : f:file.mp3".

I picked out this MP3 and tried loading it into the deck and got not wave form at all and it wouldnt even play.

So I analysed it on its own and it scanned OK.

But when I load it in the deck I get the loading this track will take more memory that you have so will load on fly error.

However coming out of VDJ and back in said track now cues up fine.

However when I batched scanned there were several tracks which gave me the same issue and I had to analyse them on their own 2 or 3 times to get them to scan.

I dont have this issue in VDJ 6 under XP.

I have tried increasing the max load to an hour, but still get the issue with tracks VDJ thinks are 30 min long, but are about 4 min when scanned.

I have yet to setup this laptop with task manager and monitor memory use as I have a gig tonight.

Why am I getting these issues, this is a new laptop and no doubt in the future I will get more new laptops. This needs addressing because I cant carry on using old laptops on XP.

Inviato Sat 21 Sep 13 @ 8:54 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)