Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 99 decks, How?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I rarely use more that 4 decks but would like to see how you get upto the touted 99 decks, I looked in the manual and had a poke around the 6 deck skin, maybe it could open interesting possibilities

Inviato Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 6:40 am
A very high resolution screen and very small decks!

Let's see someone use all 99 without sync. :-)

Inviato Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 9:02 am
Ok but how the hell do you do it? (add a deck?) I only need a pointer.

*Edit*

I get it now, you make the skin yourself, I was expecting some sort of extension of the 6 deck skin that you could just add a deck on the fly.

What a pointless claim to make by Atomix.

Inviato Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 9:06 am
Yeah, there's no modular interface. You can't just pick deck quantity from a menu and have them appear.

People have been asking Atomix for a non-bitmap interface for a very long time, but they're sticking with skins.

Inviato Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 10:10 am
I hope V8 has something modular, I heard that you could route samples to decks (to apply FX or give the sample a nudge) It would be a poor do if you had to pre-empt where a set was going.

Inviato Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 11:41 am
Another piece of pointless and theoretical marketing with no foundation. Thought it was a strange statement at the time but hey ho

Inviato Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 12:23 pm
Adding more decks needs to be done in the skin xml. if you look in the first or second line you will see the attribute nbdecks="#" just change the #number to anything you want, then you can access them through mapping, but you will probably want to make a skin so you can see your extra decks. of course you need VDJ Pro though.

Inviato Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 2:44 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For whoever needs to reach his computer up to its limits, here is a skin which offers 99 decks !
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12554/TCmania_99_Decks.html

Have fun :)

PS. Having 99 decks available, doesnt mean that someone may use all of them of course. But since the default Sampler was limited to 12 slots, having more decks, may provide an alternative solution. So its not just a marketing point here ;)

Inviato Fri 22 Nov 13 @ 6:01 am
Ha ha, I forgot about that skin Bob!

What I meant was that it was not something most people would never use but the company were using it as a selling point :)

Keith

Inviato Fri 22 Nov 13 @ 9:32 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)