Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Dual Core VS Slower Quad Qore Processor

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I already upgraded my hard drives to Samsung Pro and Crucial M500 SSDs. Oddly enough, my system is more sluggish than it was before. Transfer speeds are incredible fast, but video became more choppy in certain situations.

I am currently running a t9550 2.66 GHz core 2 duo on my laptop. It runs pretty good for video mix, but at times can be sluggish... especially when VDJ analyses video or running HD.

I am able to upgrade to the q9100 2.26 Quad Core. I'm wondering if I will see a noticeable increase in performance with a slower quad core. Or, would my current dual core processor be better?

Inviato Fri 13 Dec 13 @ 11:47 pm
the quad core will probably be more efficient than the older dual core so it doesn't need to run at a higher clock rate to out perform the dual core.

Inviato Sat 14 Dec 13 @ 2:52 pm
That's what I thought, but didn't know if Virtual DJ would take advantage of the cores.... Thanks for the input.

Inviato Sat 14 Dec 13 @ 11:49 pm
no it doesn't take advantage of multi threading, but it shouldn't really matter I can run VDJ no problems on an atom netbook I just have to be careful when loading tracks and using effects when I use that system... If your having issues with your video card that's another matter but CPU shouldn't really be a concern.

Inviato Sun 15 Dec 13 @ 12:43 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
It's like moving a pile of dirt with a small fast pickup or a huge dump truck. How many trips (clock cycles) do you want to take to move the dirt / data. The quad will most likely be faster.

I had 2.6 duo core, went to a i7 2.0/2.8 (turbo). Went from 70% cpu playing 720p videos to 3% at 1080p

You can compar processors here: http://www.cpubenchmark.net

DJ Kavika

Btw that q9100 processor will blow mine out of the water.

Inviato Sun 15 Dec 13 @ 1:12 pm
VirtualDJ is a multi-threaded application and will benefit from additional cores.

Inviato Sun 15 Dec 13 @ 5:11 pm
good to know but when did that happen? I better stop saying it...

Inviato Sun 15 Dec 13 @ 5:55 pm
It's been that way for a long time. For example, this is why the music playing on a deck is able to continue unaffected even if the skin engine is busy (E.g: When accessing an external drive that's gone to sleep.)

Some operations take place in the same thread as each other though, e.g: Skin, keyboard and controller actions. This is something that should be improved in VirtualDJ v8.

Inviato Mon 16 Dec 13 @ 5:02 am
VDJ 7.4 still works fine on my 2003 vintage Pentium M 1.4 GHz single core laptop for audio with a Denon 4500. Haven't tried the video in a bit but the Karaoke would work with the TV out.

Inviato Wed 18 Dec 13 @ 11:27 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)