Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Building Definition and Mapping for Akai MPC Element

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'd like to use an MPC Element as an extension controller, to trigger loops, samples, and cues. I've been able to use Simple MIDI Mapper to do this, but, wouldn't it look great to use the LEDs, and create banks of functions? So I'm trying to build a definition and mapping file for this controller. So far I've used MIDI Trace to get the SysEx values and it looks like I'm able to get the channel information for each pad or button. Trying to go one step at a time, I'm creating a definition file with just one button. I'm adding this to the correct folder but then when opening VDJ (Pro), then going to Config/Mappers, I don't see controller. Do I need to create a mapping file to be able to see the controller in Config/Mappers? I'm trying to get a little bit of it working before bothering to write out the whole definition and mapping, so I thought with a definition file header done correctly, I should at least be able to see it detected in Config, but do I also have to have a mapping file?

Inviato Mon 06 Jan 14 @ 10:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Does it still detect the unit as Simple Midi ?
What is the 2nd line of the definition you made ? You might need to include vid&pid or/and drivername as well.

Inviato Mon 06 Jan 14 @ 11:19 pm
yes you need to make an empty mapping file then you should see it in the mapper.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mapper device="name" author="yourName" description="name" version="740" date="07/01/2013">
</mapper>

Inviato Tue 07 Jan 14 @ 12:54 am
djdad, synthet1c, thanks very much for your replies.

I did have the vid & pid from Control Panel already in the definition, and the thing I was missing was that I did need at least an empty mapping file so that it would not only be detected but then show up in the mappers screen.

So, here is the beginning of the definition file:
<device author="druprodukt" decks="2" name="MPC Public" sysexid="F07E??06024721001900010102000000000041313133303931353237303334353800F7" type="MIDI" vid="0x09E8" pid="0x0021" >

And here is the beginning of the mapper file:

<mapper device="MPC Public" author="druprodukt" description="Akai MPC Element" version="740" date="12/01/2014">

So far, I have been able to replicate all of the mappings I had made with the Simple MIDI Mapper. So next I'll look at adding LEDs. I'll post to this again when I have got somewhere.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Inviato Sun 12 Jan 14 @ 11:07 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)