Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX 2 speaker connection help!!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I am very, very interested in buying a new hercules rmx 2 controller....but I have a few concerns.

After watching/reading video reviews and such, I notice there are a ton of ways to connect to different speakers. My question is, can I hookup this controller to a older kenwood stereo receiver (running two floor standing speakers) with just the RCA cables? The speakers only have inputs for speaker wires.The receiver has a bunch of different inputs and outputs as well, which would be the correct one? I currently have an RCA cable with an aux cord to connect my ipod to the receiver.

Also, sometimes I just like to mess around and mix with just my headphones on in my room so my roommates are constantly getting bombarded with music. Can you do this with the RMX 2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Inviato Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 12:30 pm
Yes you can connect the RMX to the input of a hi-fi stereo system.

The RMX outputs are line level, so they will connect to any input other than the phono (turntable) input.

CD, tuner, tape, line, aux etc. will all be fine to use.

Inviato Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 2:04 pm
Hi,

I am on the verge of buying an RMX2.

But I don't understand a few things, and would appreciate your help.

How does *one* output via RCA cable ensure a *stereo* experience, for example, without going via a standalone amp?
Similarly, if I wanted to side-step buying a dedicated amp, how can I get stereo plus woofer (base), please?

Also what differences are there between 'Balanced', 'Output 3-4' and the 'Boot Out 1-2', please? In other words, what are their various purposes? For 'Boot', is it also called 'Booth', i.e. local speakers for the DJ himself to hear the output?

Thanks in advance.

Pedrito.

Inviato Thu 13 Feb 14 @ 4:40 pm
The RMX2 doesn't have *one* output.

You notice how there are TWO XLR sockets? One is for the LEFT signal. The other is for the RIGHT signal.

This is commonly known as stereo, and has been around since the 1930s.

You will also notice that the RCA outputs also have two connectors - one red and one white. One for left and one for right.

You will need to connect the outputs to an amp and passive speakers, or a pair of powered speakers.....or you won't hear anything.

Subwoofers usually have pass-through connections, so the signal from the mixer goes IN to the sub, then OUT again to the main speakers. You can't get "stereo plus woofer" without using a sub and a pair of full range speakers.

The differences between the RMX2 outputs should be explained in the user manual, which will be available from the Hercules web site.

Inviato Thu 13 Feb 14 @ 5:37 pm
I know what stereo is, thankfully! For the rest, your answer is clear and very useful indeed - even going beyond what I asked (the subwoofer pass-through info, I would never have guessed!). Your answer was prompt, too. I am definitely going to buy, and enjoy all the more thanks to your explanations. /Pedrito

Inviato Fri 14 Feb 14 @ 12:30 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)