Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Play Lists & Folder Questions

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djezmgsPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hello thinking out side the Box...

Let's say, I have 2 laptops "1" & "2", lets also say they are identical, both have VDJ 7 pro installed on them, both have the same songs titles and playlists same directly folder for say over a year or so... no problems.

One fine day, in the studio, You turn on the 1st laptop to have a mess around, you run VDJ, and you click on playlists, but find the entire play list on the 1st laptop is missing (Regardless of how/Why) you need to fix this asap! you've got a gig tonight!

With the above said, Can one, Copy the play list "Folder", found in C:\Users\Admin\Documents\VirtualDJ\Playlists From the 2nd laptop and copy it to a memory stick, then to the 1st laptop to the same path (as per Above), then run VDJ ??? Would the playlists pop back up as if nothing had happened. is my question?

thanks all.

Inviato Sun 02 Feb 14 @ 3:18 am

Inviato Sun 02 Feb 14 @ 6:48 am
.....or you could just use the 2nd laptop for your gig! :-)

If both setups are exactly the same (tracks stored in same place with same names) then I think it should work.

What I suggest as a precaution anyway, is to backup your main VDJ database and any other important stuff which might change (skins, mapping, plugins...) to an external hard drive or NAS. Backing up should be a routine if you use a computer.........for anything.

Inviato Sun 02 Feb 14 @ 7:13 am
Thank you groovindj for the reply...
Update: Feb 2 2014
I going to put this up here for other to see, maybe it will help out others that are in a 'JAM' like I was, anyhow...

it seams to be a good work around, NOTE: This did not work the first time round, after running VDJ, you would see the PL but if you was to drop one on say Deck "A", it would not play at all, However, once you Add all the mp3 to the Data base and restart the laptop the
play lists seams to work just fine :) good idea to re scan Bpm/Tags. (y)

Now back to my 2 Org. issues.
1. How to Stop Crackling when playing files?
2. No Mic output on speakers but Ok in headphones pre-que?

Geek Specs:
Dell 1555 laptop, dual Core CPU (T7500) @2.20Ghz
Ram: 4gb
GPU: NVIDA
HDD: 320GB 40/20 split with 30% free space (on C:\)
(all music is installed on the D:\ part. E:\ is the CD Rom Drive)

O/S: Win Vista 32 bit home prem.
VDJ: 7-Pro FULL
Controller: Hercules 4-Mx

dont know anything about code/scrips its all Greek to me :)

Inviato Sun 02 Feb 14 @ 3:17 pm
Vista? In my opinion, the first thing you should do is upgrade to Windows 7.

Inviato Sun 02 Feb 14 @ 3:40 pm
this problem is cured :)

Inviato Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 10:06 pm
One thing to keep in mind:

If you store any of your music files inside "special" folders in Windows (such as "My Music") then your Windows Username is also included in the path of the files and for your playlists to work you must also have the same username on both laptops.

Typicaly in Win Vista/7 a file inside "My Music" folder is actually listed to:

"C:\Users\YourUserName\Music\A Music File.mp3"

Also in order to avoid re-scanning you can copy the XML database from one laptop to another.
It's the "VirtualDj Database v6.XML" file located on "Documents\VirtualDj" folder.

Inviato Tue 04 Feb 14 @ 3:36 am
(y)

Inviato Mon 03 Mar 14 @ 1:25 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)