Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: performance

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i have one pc with win 8.1 8Gb memory and Intel Core i3 2120 3.3GHz 3MB L3 Cache, this pc is full of crap on home pc currently for testing.
I can never get the cpu monitor past the green even with other processes running (Great)

On Disco PC running wing 8.1 8Gb memory but a intel G840 2.8Ghz 3MB L3 Cache running nothing but VDJ and no crap on pc only basics. On this i can get the orange cpu on and running a BPM and loading tracks ( yes would not normally do both) i get the orange cpu sometimes the red.

Would those two processors really make that much difference?
Can't see why the dedicated one is using so much resources

Inviato Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 8:23 am
I just found this page.

Besides that, there are various other factors that come into play - not just your CPU.

How do the specs of the motherboards compare? The hard drives? Number of processes running in the background? Amount of icons on your desktop. Whether your desktop has a background picture or not. Whether you're running VDJ with the correct skin size for your screen res. What Windows theme you're using. Different drivers installed because there's different hardware in the PC.

The number of variations from PC to PC can be huge. This is one reason why Mac owners like to gloat. A Mac is a Mac.

Inviato Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 8:36 am
The one with low cpu is running multi tasks totally full of stuff (home PC)
High CPU pc is bare nothing but operating system drivers and VDJ

Inviato Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 8:41 am
Odd that the Processor i3-2120 says Number of Cores 2 but in device manager it lists 4 cores, the G840 shows 2 cores

Inviato Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 1:11 pm
The Intel spec page says it has 2 cores and 4 threads.

Inviato Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 3:04 pm
yeah must be the threads
God my home pc is good. Running malwarebytes, windows defender ( both scanning) copying files from 1 HDD to another and still in the green on VDJ, think i might use this for the Discos LOL VDJ using 4 % CPU while playing 20% loading tracks.
Other PC using 1% playing but 50% - 65% loading tracks ( looking in Task manager)
Only £70 for a newer processor give that a go tomorrow see what i get with that.

Inviato Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 3:32 pm
High CPU usage is normal when loading a song - Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/I%20experience%20high%20CPU%20usage%20when%20loading%20a%20song%20on%20a%20deck.html

Because the loading of a song takes place within a single thread, the more cores your processor has, the lower the overall CPU usage will be, e.g: Single core = 100%, dual core = 50% or so (Depending on other activity in VDJ, other apps, background processes, etc.), quad core = 25% or so, etc.

A computer with more cores but slower CPU speed (Ghz) may outperform a faster computer with less cores due to the fact that more processes/threads can be executed simultaneously.

For best results, please ensure that any computer that you use for DJ'ing has been optimised for maximum performance: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

Inviato Tue 04 Feb 14 @ 6:37 am
Ok thanks, so 4 threads in newer CPU should aid over a 2 thread CPU

Inviato Tue 04 Feb 14 @ 6:48 am
Yes, more cores will generally give you better performance when using mutli-threaded applications such as VirtualDJ (Each deck for example can run in a thread of its own.)

Inviato Tue 04 Feb 14 @ 7:04 am
Just put new processor in, big difference. 15-20% CPU loading tracks less than 1% playing tracks

Inviato Tue 04 Feb 14 @ 8:22 am
That was quick! Well done. What CPU did you fit?

Inviato Tue 04 Feb 14 @ 8:40 am
Intel Core i3 2120 3.3GHz with 4 threads did have a G840 2.8Ghz with 2 threads running windows 8.1 with 8Gb memory

Could have spent more on another processor but whats the point this one for £70 does the job just fine more like the home pc now without the home pc crap on lol

Inviato Tue 04 Feb 14 @ 8:42 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)